Feed rate

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bubanruby

Nov 4, 2020
Kentucky
We just bought a used pellet stove. It was working fine but now I can't adjust the feed rate it will only flash and go back on #1 setting. I didn't get a manual, the control board is acutron III. I would greatly appreciate any help I can get.

Make and model will help tons

+1 but, most multifuel stoves control their feed rates with built into the control board algorithms. Most, but not all. Only ones I know of where you can manually over ride the pre set feed rates are the USSC models and not all of them either. Feed rate will depend on heat settings on most units. Sounds to me like you have another issue that is putting the heat setting back to low.

I used Google to search for a manual I misplaced years ago.

Goggle blows. Had a Tennant that took it on herself to replace a sink faucet (even though my lease expressly states that any and all repairs to the physical plant in my rentals is my responsibility but she decided to do it anyway. She goggled up 'how to replace a kitchen faucet' but obviously forgot some important steps the Goggle thing never told her to install washers between the supply lines and the faucet inlet. Go into the house (I inspect my homes at least monthly, in the lease )and the basement floor is wet. Follow the water to the floor below the sink and there it is. Took me 2 hours laying under the sink to undo her mess and dry the basement floor and put in washers in the supply. My opinion of Goggle is not good.

She no longer rents from me.

Guessing you put stove into a thermostat mode and you don't have a thermostat hooked up to it so it always goes back to idle which is #1 setting. Holding OFF button down toggles stove between 3 modes (manual, thermostat HI/LO, thermostat ON/ OFF). A search on internet will show an illustration of these modes but I'll try attaching it here.

20201108_214652.jpg