Fiber Energy Products 100% Oak Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny_Fiv3

Feeling the Heat
Oct 12, 2014
North Rose, NY
Has anyone burned these? I bought 5 bags to try from TSC and am impressed. Started with a clean stove and empty hopper. Put 3 bags in and fired it off. Great heat and low ash. Bag and UPC pic attached.

2e1fyph.jpg

2cmw8l5.jpg

My tsc wont open a ton. I manged to get a half a ripped open bag for 3$ I go back every week hoping to catch an open ton on the floor

I found them to be pretty decent, not as hot as somersets or your better pellets but still a good pellet.

I decided to mix the last 2 bags 50/50 with the Green Supremes. This has proven to be a good idea as it's freezing outside and I have a raging fire in my stove. House is at 74° and only needing HR-2 for daytime running and HR-3 for the overnight.

Bought 3 tons this year. Mine are very ashy. I'm thinking they could have been last years

I really don't like these.Of all the brands I've used these burn the dirtiest.Lots of ash,I have to hot clean my burn pot at least twice a day.I won't buy them again unless I have none others to choose from.

Reactions: Icemanxxxv
My tsc wont open a ton. I manged to get a half a ripped open bag for 3$ I go back every week hoping to catch an open ton on the floor
just picked up 5 bags at the Highland TSC... 15 bag limit 5.19 a bag

These pellets do produce more ash than other brands but they put out lots of heat also.

Can't complain about the heat.Just the filthy ash.I've burned too many pellets that put out the heat with little ash...

Picked up a ton of these at TSC ($259) when I ran low on Turmans. Turmans have been the only other pellet used thus far. First, there are a lot of dust and fines in these, a virtual cloud of dust when you pour them out of the bag. Second, very high ash. I put my ashes in a 6 gallon metal can. After 3 tons of Turmans, can was 1/2 full. After about 12 bags of of Fiber Products, can is completely full, ( 150 bags Turmans = 12 bags of fiber). Ash can on my Harman 52i will be full after running all night. Ash is very light and fluffy. That said, they feed ok, and burn pretty good, heat seems about the same. I'm sure the flu will need to be cleaned soon though. Pic is from being clean at 11pm to next morning.
image.jpg

Picked up a ton of these at TSC ($259) when I ran low on Turmans. Turmans have been the only other pellet used thus far. First, there are a lot of dust and fines in these, a virtual cloud of dust when you pour them out of the bag. Second, very high ash. I put my ashes in a 6 gallon metal can. After 3 tons of Turmans, can was 1/2 full. After about 12 bags of of Fiber Products, can is completely full, ( 150 bags Turmans = 12 bags of fiber). Ash can on my Harman 52i will be full after running all night. Ash is very light and fluffy. That said, they feed ok, and burn pretty good, heat seems about the same. I'm sure the flu will need to be cleaned soon though. Pic is from being clean at 11pm to next morning.View attachment 153995

U ought to send a picture to their corporate head quarters and ask are they proud of their LOW ASH pellets???

Status
Not open for further replies.