Finally bought a pellet stove today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steveo

Jun 6, 2008
Maine
After searching high and low I finally found what i was looking for. I ended up buying the Harman P61A. I paid the lady and then asked where she wanted me to go so they could load it and she said they cannot load it today because no stove leaves the shop without being set up and run to make sure everything works correctly. So I ask if it will be done next week and the man who was behind the counter starts laughing. He said he has about 85 stoves to set up and test before mine. I guess in the past 3 weeks they have sold like 300 stoves. I got the last stove they had in stock.

I also noticed that people were buying pellets by the trailer load, 3 and 4 tons at a time. I have two tons so far and hope to get two more in the very near future.

300 stoves! That is about one years worth for a typical dealer....if you take those stoves plus accessories plus some installs you are well over a million dollars. Used to be ma and pa stores sold about 500-600K a year, and larger stores sold about 1.5 million (per location).....

Of course, that was when we sold an Avalon mid-sized stove for $969. With the average ticket now over 3K, it does not take too many sales to make for a good day!

Good luck with your Harman - that is a nice unit which should really last forever with proper care.

I'm curious, is that the policy for all Harman stoves, that they be set up and run before they leave the dealer? I just bought my first pellet stove this morning also, a Quadra-Fire Castile and I can only assume that they are tested at the factory to ensure that everything works.

Steve

I think it helps the dealer avoid some basic QC problems. Harman did have some problems back when they were over-producing, and running the stove for a few minutes could certainly help save the dealer some service calls and headaches. Don't know if it is official policy, but this is a prudent action by this dealer!

My Harmon dealer does the same thing. Before they let you take the stove it has to be completly tested. I rather like that idea.

Dealer we're getting our Harman XXV from does the same thing. I think they said they burn every stove for about 3 hours before it gets delivered/installed, to make sure everything is working properly. I think it's a great idea & shows extra care being taken by the dealer to make sure your new stove is functioning properly before it goes home.

Status
Not open for further replies.