Finished install....burning some pellets finally!!! (PICS Too)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imacman

Well, finally got the last adapter for the 4" to 8" install for my Astoria. Here's some pics....let me know what you think.

Attachments

• Stove install 1.JPG
    Stove install 1.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 1,017
  • Stove install 2.JPG
    Stove install 2.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 929
  • Stove install 3.JPG
    Stove install 3.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 927
And now the burn!

Attachments

• Stove burn 1.JPG
    Stove burn 1.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 879
  • Stove burn 2.JPG
    Stove burn 2.JPG
    14.3 KB · Views: 887
That is schweeet! Any burning gold paint smells yet?

Real nice. You did a great job. Mine is still a work in progress and I hope it comes out as well. Good luck and happy burning!

BrotherBart said:
That is schweeet! Any burning gold paint smells yet?

Thanks Brother....no, I haven't smelled anything yet....it's been running about 2 hrs so far, but I've only had it on low, so who knows.

I'm guessing that you did the install yourself and it looks fantastic, that really is a honey of a good looking stove. Very well done and the fire looks so good.

Congrats!

Steve

Shortstuff said:
I'm guessing that you did the install yourself and it looks fantastic, that really is a honey of a good looking stove. Very well done and the fire looks so good.

Congrats!

Steve

Thanks Steve. Yep, did the whole install myself....I just couldn't see paying anyone to do it. Common sense is key, and I've been working with my hands since I was a kid...building, fixing, etc. Building race cars doesn't hurt either.

Nice job Mac, looks really good, well done ! "Professionals, we don't need no stinking, so called, professionals. Two thumbs up !!!!!!!! ;-)

bostonbaked said:
Nice job Mac, looks really good, well done ! "Professionals, we don't need no stinking, so called, professionals. Two thumbs up !!!!!!!! ;-)

Thanks Baked!! I'm loving this heat.....it's about 47 degrees outside here now, and is supposed to hit 39-40 tonight. I have the programmable 'stat up and running, and can't wait to NOT hear the oil burning beast in the basement turn on. Waking up to 72 degrees in the morning......priceless.

Great job !!!! She's a beauty. Happy burning :) Muss

Nice install...enjoy the warmth...Have a COLDIE...and watch the race!!!!!...GO 88.... ;-)

Great Job, Good Luck this winter. ;)

Looks great, enjoy!!! Installed ours ourselves also. Was a little nervous with first fire but piece of cake now. Lovin it.

fantastic looking stove and great looking install!
Love the wood walls in your house, is your house a log house?
Anyway, your ready for the winter to arrive.

pelletwood said:
fantastic looking stove and great looking install!
Love the wood walls in your house, is your house a log house?
Anyway, your ready for the winter to arrive.

Thanks Pelletwood...yes, I have a log home. The outside walls are naturally finished wood, and the ceiling is tongue & groove pine, also naturally finished.

Thanks everybody! Yes, I am ready for 'ol man winter to show himself.....but I still HATE shoveling snow!!! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.