First soak of the season. Looks like the stove is on holiday for the next six months.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick Mystic

Minister of Fire
Feb 12, 2013
Western North Carolina
I drained, cleaned, and refilled the hot tub last week and since it's been up in the low 80s the past two days here in western NC the backyard spa got up to 88 degrees today just from the sunshine. I topped it off to 96 with the electric heater and had a nice soak tonight. Once the hot tub is put into service the woodstsove usually goes on hiatus until next autumn. I feel for you all who live in areas where you are still fighting the cold or even some snow, but you too will one day again be enjoying the warmth of the sun. Less than a week ago we dropped down below freezing over night!

No hot tub here, but nice spring temps. I go into the greenhouse when I want my 80+ temp fix.

Yeah in the wet forties here tonight getting ready for 80 tomorrow as the storms that are blowing away the folks West of us head our, and Nick's, way.

Hope it is not as strong as what's been heading thru Jag's neighborhood.

Me too. A few years ago that movement turned into the derecho that kicked our butts.

We're just the opposite ... we typically shut down our hot tub around the same time we stop burning.

Status
Not open for further replies.