First time buyer. Which is a better deal?

imjoe Posted By imjoe, Aug 12, 2017 at 5:58 PM

1. imjoe

imjoe
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Aug 12, 2017
    Loc:
    Selinsgrove, PA
    My first year buying pellets. I found Barefoot for 230/ton and TSC white bag Lignetics for 235/ton. Which is a better deal and are these typical prices for these brands this year? Anyone in central PA with other suggestions? Thanks for any feedback.

2. Corydel2747

Corydel2747
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Aug 27, 2016
    Loc:
    Hollidaysburg, PA
    Not sure where in central PA you are but cove stake products has barefoots for $200 per ton but he said the price is to go up any day now. I tried a few of the TSC bags last year they were junk. Ecoblaze at Tussey mountain mulch in roaring springs pa is $200-215 depending on if the sale is still going on. Hamers hot ones in duncansville pa are $185 cash or $189 credit price per ton.

3. Corydel2747

Corydel2747
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Aug 27, 2016
    Loc:
    Hollidaysburg, PA
    Cove stake products is in curryville pa btw

4. imjoe

imjoe
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Aug 12, 2017
    Loc:
    Selinsgrove, PA
    I'm near Selinsgrove. So those are about 2 hours away. Thanks for the info.

5. jertola

jertola
    Member 2.
    NULL

Sep 20, 2013
    Loc:
    Long Island
    I have burned those Barefoot pellets for my first two heating seasons. You can't go wrong with them. I burned the Clean Energy pellets last winter which from what I understand are rebagged Hamers for Lowe's. A little ashy but I would buy them again if I saw them. TSC has several suppliers so you have to check the barcode to find out who made them.

Chemistrynut likes this.
  6. Chemistrynut

Chemistrynut
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 20, 2014
    Loc:
    Upstate, NY
    I found he barefoots to work very well in my Harman...they throw out great heat but they do have a bit of ash to them...not as severe as some other brands but I consider it a fair trade off to the heat output...if I have to clean my stove a little more to keep he house warm, I'm ok with that. Agree on the white bag TSC roulette...depends on who is making them for TSC..the barcode will help you decipher that. For me, I burned a few bags of these and hated them. I can't remember now who produced them but I know they weren't a lignetics or another premium brand. They may have been a NEWP brand as I recall now. I would go with the barefoots. The rebags can be good or bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Louderr57

Louderr57
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Thursday
    Loc:
    Lake County Ca.
    I am in Northern Ca. And I have burned several different bags. My son works at a feed store called Ag Unlimited and they sell a white bag with gold print called Clean Burn pellets. I get them with his discount for 4.90 a bag out the door tax included. I bought 10 bags and they are burning pretty good in my US King stobe we bought 3 years ago at TSC. Its the bigger one with the 3 bag hopper top feed. He sells another brand and the bag looks the same but they are called Golden Fire. They are supposeably 2 different companies. I guess I would have to scan the barcodes to see who actually manufactures them. Low ash and they seem to put out good heat for a hardwood pellet. Will post more info as I het it. I dont like the wht bags with Blue printing. Lots of ash and barely the heat although they advertise on the bad differently. Beware all pellets are not alike as I have found out over the last 4 years of burning pellets.

8. Louderr57

Louderr57
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Thursday
    Loc:
    Lake County Ca.
    Turns out the Cleanburn pellets are made by Manke Lumber in Washington state. I am happy with them. The white bags with the blue writing are manufactured by Affiliated in Portland, Oregon. They dont burn as hot. However the Cleanburn brand says they are Premium hardwood pellets and the others dont say. 0854731000 is the number on them. The Cleanburn pellets number is 087580006 they are Tacoma Washington. FYI