Fisher grandma or grandpa bear model

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

southernmom13

Nov 16, 2020
virginia
My husband and I recently bought a house with a fisher stove. Not sure whether it is a grandma bear or grandpa bear. It does'nt seem to want to close properly. We have to slam it. I have replaced the seal hoping that that would help but does'nt seem to. I am thinking that the pins or hinges are warped. Has anyone had any experiences with this? Is there anyone in central Virginia that I could call? Thank you in advance.

If you would like to know what model it is, a picture would be most helpful. These stoves were never intended to have any seals in the doors. It's probably hard to close because of the seal. What was it like to close when you removed the seal and before you installed the new one?