Fisher insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jeff Jay

Mar 28, 2024
Southwest ohio
20240323_210112.jpg
Hello,
I just wanted to show off my latest investment with a few questions in mind. First let me say,You guys are a wealth of knowledge. I have enjoyed reading on the history of the fisher stove. Ive learned so much from coaly. I picked up this one last week. (Am Still recovering)The guy said it was installed in 1977. And has the Nickle plated doors.
It's going in my 2 story home with 18ft of chimney. My flue is 17.5x13in.(outside) My question is, will an insulated 8in duraflex 304ss liner fit in my chimney and would that one be recommended? 8in outlet is on top of stove. I also plan on the 5/16 steel plate method coaly came up with.
Also should mention since I bought new windows, I'm getting negative pressure in the house now and with my federal airtight dutchwest, I'm getting way too much smoke In the house.

View attachment 326269Hello,
I just wanted to show off my latest investment with a few questions in mind. First let me say,You guys are a wealth of knowledge. I have enjoyed reading on the history of the fisher stove. Ive learned so much from coaly. I picked up this one last week. (Am Still recovering)The guy said it was installed in 1977. And has the Nickle plated doors.
It's going in my 2 story home with 18ft of chimney. My flue is 17.5x13in.(outside) My question is, will an insulated 8in duraflex 304ss liner fit in my chimney and would that one be recommended? 8in outlet is on top of stove. I also plan on the 5/16 steel plate method coaly came up with.
Also should mention since I bought new windows, I'm getting negative pressure in the house now and with my federal airtight dutchwest, I'm getting way too much smoke In the house.
I would go with a heavy wall liner for that stove. And honestly think they work best on 7"

Reactions: Jeff Jay