Fisher wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Good

Dec 3, 2013
Minneapolis
I'm trying to make my wood stove for efficient. I bought stainless steel for this project. I need advice on how to proceed with this,do i weld the reburn bars Or weld in flanges to set them into?what size holes do I drill into the bar for Reburn to take place? Do I need more than one row of holes or more. 1/4" plate for top with 2"x2" tubing for sides, tubes in between tubing. any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Making a stove more efficient is usually not a DIY project. It's hard to say without lab testing if any of the things you suggest are going to help a Fisher stove at all.

The best you can do is to pick a modern stove with a somewhat similar firebox size and design and try to somewhat make the same thing happen in your stove. But that means changing everything - even in the incoming air.

Reactions: CamFan
Webbie that is so correct. What I would say is if you want all the reburn etc buy a new stove. You will have a better experiance. I love the old fishers but when I had a fisher and an epa approved installed in the same house, it was amazing how much less wood I would burn with the new stove and the better air control. But I still used the fisher. If you are determined to do this find a lopi dealer and get a brochure. Thay have a good half stove showing the air flow required for their stoves. It shows the tubes, cool air flow and discharge air. the endevor and liberty are simular to the gma and gpa. I looked at their web site but did not see it on there but here is a link to get a brochure from them. http://lopistoves.com/brochureRequest.aspx Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.