Fiskars Christmas Present???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

HisTreeNut

Minister of Fire
Nov 3, 2014
Burnsville, NC
For people who like Fiskars or have been wanting to try a Fiskars axe but were leary of the price, Amazon has many of the Fiskars axes on a limited time special.
I have had an X27 for a few years now and I just bought the Isocore 8# maul for about $41.80 not including tax. The X27 is listed for $41.22 currently. The maul arrives today...

See here:

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: jmb6420
For people who like Fiskars or have been wanting to try a Fiskars axe but were leary of the price, Amazon has many of the Fiskars axes on a limited time special.
I have had an X27 for a few years now and I just bought the Isocore 8# maul for about $41.80 not including tax. The X27 is listed for $41.22 currently. The maul arrives today...

See here:

you'll love the maul. i bought one last summer, and i look for excuses to bring it out.

The axe is here - she's pretty, and it was raining, so I did not do and could not do an extensive test. I split one log that my Mighty, Mighty Fiskars was having not a lot luck with splitting before itp
The Maul is weighted in the same manner as my other Fiskars, but is significantly heavier. It took 4 or so whacks but then the log just "popped" in two. The next split was the same...a few whacks then a nice satisfying "pop" again. The remaining smaller pieces split with one hit. Initial thoughts...she will take some getting used to using, but is very, very nice. I think this is going to be a nice addition to my tool set...
31e7fb0dea32484b3d16a715d178174e.jpg

Reactions: MissMac
The axe is here - she's pretty, and it was raining, so I did not do and could not do an extensive test. I split one log that my Mighty, Mighty Fiskars was having not a lot luck with splitting before itp
The Maul is weighted in the same manner as my other Fiskars, but is significantly heavier. It took 4 or so whacks but then the log just "popped" in two. The next split was the same...a few whacks then a nice satisfying "pop" again. The remaining smaller pieces split with one hit. Initial thoughts...she will take some getting used to using, but is very, very nice. I think this is going to be a nice addition to my tool set...
31e7fb0dea32484b3d16a715d178174e.jpg

Yep, you're going to love it!

Reactions: MissMac