For anyone who buys wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FATANDY21

Aug 25, 2014
NAPERVILLE, IL
Not sure if all of you have heard of alibaba.com yet, but if you follow the stock market I'm sure you have by now. Anyways, I've browsed on there before for business supplies, and decided to search firewood. Came back with some pretty interesting results, I know a lot of you burn those pellets too an saw some of those too, thought i'd drop a line for anyone who might need a new wood source.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Premium-Oak-Firewood-Cooking-Wood_157497388.html

This link claims to be selling 1/2 cord of oak for 80 bucks, only issue is you need to buy 180 cubic meters at a time!

freight would be a killer, 128 cubic feet =3.62496 cubic meters , Oak dried 20 % moisture content apx 4000 lbs/ cord, me thinks ecco bricks or the like cheaper at local stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.