From Mercer Museum Doylestown PA

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

excessads

Burning Hunk
Feb 16, 2016
Garden State
IMG_20210410_155758436.jpgIMG_20210410_155806416.jpgIMG_20210410_155750339.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
Reactions: ispinwool
Neat. Never went there. Went to Fonthill a couple of times. Lived across the river in Kingwood Township. My boss at CL, 1990 - 1993, lived in Doylestown on Burnt House Hill Road.

Reactions: excessads
beautiful!

Spooky looking to me--what are the first two? How old is the third one the Sally one? Thanks for sharing interesting...clancey

Thanks and that Sally is impressive--talk about being built in the 1800"s they were getting prepared at that time for the rest of the world living thinking never to have to replace something like that--ever..lol..They should see the beautiful stoves now and could you imagine what those people would think seeing all our beautiful modern stoves...Some days they were--thanks for sharing and what days they were to live in glad I am living now..lol..thanks..

Thanks and that Sally is impressive--talk about being built in the 1800"s they were getting prepared at that time for the rest of the world living thinking never to have to replace something like that--ever..lol..They should see the beautiful stoves now and could you imagine what those people would think seeing all our beautiful modern stoves...Some days they were--thanks for sharing and what days they were to live in glad I am living now..lol..thanks..
We spent about 1.5 hours in the museum, out of all the things / tools we seen the stoves were definitely highlights of the trip.
I guess the major improvement we have in modern days stoves comparing to the 1800s are quartz viewing window and ability to better channeling heated air to the room via motorized fan. All and all the craftsmanship is what really captured our attention.

No wonder and I love to see things like that----tools are very interesting as well--amazing those people...clancey