Washington Stove Works Alaskan Model?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Gabriel R

Jan 26, 2024
Washington
Hello Folks, I believe I have a real gem on my hands and I need some help with info about it.
I know it's a Washington Stove Works model built for the Alaskan gold fields or large hotels.
What I need help with is, does anybody know where a manual can be had for it?
Possibly the Everett Museum?
Thank you for any help regarding the stove.
I was told that the man who built my home got it from a hotel on the Olympic peninsula that was closing down around the 1950's

thumbnail_IMG_6813.jpg

Whoa! That is a double-oven beastie. What a nice looking stove! Tell us more about it.

There may not be a lot of documentation discoverable, but often the inner workings of the stove are similar to other companies of the time. My main wonder is how the flue gases can travel the long distance around two ovens and not get so cooled down that creosote builds up regularly either in the stove or in the flue system.

Here is some background info on the company.

Keep asking around and networking. Hopefully more info will turn up.

Last edited:
Whoa! That is a double-oven beastie. What a nice looking stove! Tell us more about it.

There may not be a lot of documentation discoverable, but often the inner workings of the stove are similar to other companies of the time. My main wonder is how the flue gases can travel the long distance around two ovens and not get so cooled down that creosote builds up regularly either in the stove or in the flue system.

Seems like putting the firebox between the two ovens would be better. Could the right side be a lower (slower) oven, like a dual temp setup?

It's beautiful, and it looks right at home there!

I'm wondering if it has a diverter system to route the flue gases around just one oven as an option.