Full time manometer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Rob711

Feeling the Heat
Oct 19, 2017
Long Island, ny
ideally I could install one and have the gauge installed on the side of a built in located next to fire place, inconspicuous like! I’ve read questions and seen replies to links. Any pics or how to’s to install a permanent manometer. It would be cool to have a old time/steam punk thermometer as well for flue temps.

I have one for my wood boiler but it's in the basement. It's interesting to note draft changes related to weather but not needed on a full time basis.
I installed it to work out some issues I was having and for testing out ideas.

The magnahelic gauges definitely have that old control center of a factory look. Plumb the whole thing with a narrow metal pipe. Copper even, think ice maker line.

A lot of us coal burners have dedicated installed manometers , as above copper or brake line , love the idea of a magnahelic in an old voltage or psi gauge housing