G-Vegas Garage Sale (update...items for sale)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

keyman512us

Feb 27, 2007
North Worc. CTY MA
Hey all thought I would pass this one along...

Went by the welding shop that had the garage sale this weekend... They said they are going to be holding it again this weekend from 10-1PM. Although "the good stuff has already been had" so to speak...the guy told me the bins (would make good firewood bins??) Are for sale at $20.00 each "cash and carry" (although they will help load them for ya) And for anyone interested in several...mention was made for a discount if somebody "wanted quite a few" so I'm passing the info along...

All the forklifts are "spoken for" all the "oily rag waste cans are gone" but there are a few odds and ends left...

Attachments

• IM003549wr.jpg
    IM003549wr.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 487
  • IM003550wr.jpg
    IM003550wr.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 493
In case anyone was wondering... a close-up:

Attachments

• IM003551wr.jpg
    IM003551wr.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 503
The other style of metal bins for sale... The plastic ones in the background are not up for grabs, they are still gonna be used in the (downsized day to day operations).

Attachments

• IM003552wr.jpg
    IM003552wr.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 477
  • IM003553wr.jpg
    IM003553wr.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 477
Anyone wanna "go into the firewood business with me???"

If I had (more money) burning a hole in my pocket I would buy the whole lot, split right into these bins and "take small orders"...

Believe it or not... "The word around the campfire" is that some firewood guys are getting requests for the "forgotten customers" (Grandma and Grandpa, people with decorative pot belly stoves that want 'cordwood' that is basically 6" stove rounds-split 6" long)...

Web Wanna start a co-op???

Now that this has got me really going... Nothing ventured nothing gained...'I'll take a shot in the dark' :

At any rate if anyone is interested say along the lines of "silent partner" or otherwise or wants to contact me "offline" to discuss the logistics and potential business plan feel free:

[email protected]

Robbie said:
Imagine how the taller ones would look painted a nice "hunter green" sitting on the front porch filled with firewood............ ;-)

Robbie

AMEN! (keep them thoughts rolling in) Thanks for chiming in robbie!

Didn't have time to update earlier...

I had to go there today because I forgot to grab a couple items on Saturday that I had already bought. The items I forgot on Saturday: I bought like 5 old style machinists' style oil cans for $1/ea, a "miscallaneos" box of assorted stick welding supplies (yeah yeah I know, Who stick welds anymore right?? But I gotta get a new electrode holder for my Miller welder/gen set anyway for 'burnin trailers together'..) , a couple welding helmets and a spare insert for the 'Autorama' style of helmets (2)...also a box of 3-foot Tig electrodes for $5.00 (for lock & key purposes...no I'm not gonna get into it it'll get into something else though) ;)

Attachments

• IM003569wr.jpg
    IM003569wr.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 485
  • IM003570wr.jpg
    IM003570wr.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 465
  • IM003572.JPG
    IM003572.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 436
Those bins look cool, but how much do they weigh? Hard to visualize a wood box that weighs more than the wood that's in it...

Gooserider

Gooserider said:
Those bins look cool, but how much do they weigh? Hard to visualize a wood box that weighs more than the wood that's in it...

Gooserider

That had my curiousity too... So I went and lifted one to get an idea, I would put the weight at around 85 pounds each.

For the idea I have in mind, they are perfect.

Ultimately for my particular needs (for just my firewood needs,say 10 of them) I would cut/split right into them, trailer from point to point, then offload with a forklift;)

When you are making money to take the wood in the first place... unless you can move/handle it efficiently...often times its more economic to "run it through the chipper" (although I hate to waste good firewood).

I'll probably end up grabbing a few at some point... I'm not overly worried.

Just an update...
I went by the welding shop about 'Quarter to one' this afternoon and "It looks like they've all been sold"...lol

I pulled in just as a Shiny Kenworth was pulling out...

The "name struck a bell"... The address on the door "Monroe VA" leads me to believe they are "Heading South to the other Commonwealth"...

Glad the bins aren't going for scrap... I guess they'll be used by another American Company, making products "We all love here on the hearth"... lol

Attachments

• IM003887.JPG
    IM003887.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 378
Yep, sure is a familiar looking KW. When I was down in Monroe last year swapping stoves I was dog tired and Mike and I didn't have much time. Got a quick look at the plant and the burn lab but sure wish I could have done a tour of the parking lot beside the plant.

I spent a few of my younger years hearding a Freightliner with a 335 Cummins and RTO9513 between Texas and California. Contract loads outbound and a load of produce coming back. With stops for culinary delights in four star places like the Triple T truckstop in Tuscon. I would have loved to get a closer look at that fence full of black Kenworths. I only let my CDL expire a few years ago.

A day there would be like a kid in a candy store for me. Wood stoves and the sharpest looking five axle rigs I have seen all in the same place. :bug:

Status
Not open for further replies.