gas flame shutdown

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rreale

Oct 22, 2008
upstate ny
Hi,

my heatilator direct vent gas firelace (model GNDC 36 e) is 19 years old.

it lights, but after 2 seconds shutsdown. then a red blinking light on the Robert shaw ds845 appers untill you turn off the wall switch. i tried by-passing the wall switch, and i still have the same issue. i cleaned the flame sensor with some sandpaper. I checked the grounds, sanded down the area inside the stove where the white wire connects. to no avail. i bypassed the high limit swith...still shuts down.

any ideas. im thinking flame sensor or ds845. the flame sensor is positioned so that its right in the flames when the fire is lit..

about 2 months ago, it wouldnt ignite at all, i replaced the transformer for the second time

thx

Is this an IPI unit? If so, did you try unplugging the 3vDC transformer
& running off the two "D" batteries in the battery pack?

Is this an IPI unit? If so, did you try unplugging the 3vDC transformer
& running off the two "D" batteries in the battery pack?
AS in Intellifire?

no. no batteries at all are used in this unit. it uses a 24 volt transformer model PF42440

Status
Not open for further replies.