Gasket material

muleman51 Posted By muleman51, Mar 22, 2008 at 7:17 AM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muleman51

    Member 2.

    Feb 18, 2008
    SE Minnesota
    I need to remove the back of my Adobe again. There is tube of silicone sealing it now, I had hoped that was the last time I would have to clean it, Stupid Me. I am wondering if there is some sort of gasket like weather stripping that you could peel and stick on one side than screw back on the back panel. Then you could take it off again without destoying everthing. Just a thought.
  2. steam man

    steam man
    Minister of Fire 2.

    Jan 19, 2008
    Northern Maine
    I use a gasket material (about 2" wide and on a roll) that does just that for industrial boiler casing doors except that it doesn't stick. We just punch the stud holes out and put the gasket over it. It is reusable many times. For the life of me I can't remember any brand names but maybe you can find it on McMaster-Carr. ( I think). If I can find a supplier I will post it.

    There is also a product called 'Press Seal' which is basically 'putty on a rope' that is only useable once but it goes on and off easily. Just keep a number of rolls on hand. I don't think it is too expensive.

    I've used the high temp silicone. Seals great but makes doors hard to get off. Removing it can be a pain. Use it in a very thin bead and it should be ok.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page