GCI60/M55 Agitator Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skier76

Minister of Fire
Apr 14, 2009
CT and SoVT
How often is the agitator supposed to run on these stoves? In the manual, it states it will run whenever the auger turns. However, reading around here and on the ol net, some say that's only if your not in "Premium" pellet mode.

Mine currently isn't turning that often; I'm in premium mode and I've been sitting by the stove for about 20 minutes. I don't think it's turned on any time recently.

I did check it last night to make sure it's locked in correctly. After restarting the stove, and finishing the start up cycle, I did see it turn.

in premium mode it turns for 1 minute every thirty minutes. Or something like that.

Thanks Rick. Wish they made that clear in the manual. So it sounds like mine is running correctly. It's a hard thing to monitor.

After I cleaned my stove last night, I had it up to 5 to warm things up. I found out that the agitator rotates in conjunction with the feed auger when the stove is set to 5. An easy way to check the agitator on the GCI60: Open the outter door, and look to the lower right area of the stove. You can see the auger drive chain.

It pulses with the auger during the start up period, pretty sure on 5 and premium it will go back to every 20 or 30 minutes like the other heat levels

Bill,
I just checked again. I cranked the stove up to 5 after I ran it on 2 all day. The agitator turns in conjunction with the auger on level 5. Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.