Getting Tired Of Fighting The Fight This Winter ...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care what anyone says. Nobody has it as bad as this:

IMG-20150424-00176.jpgIMG-20150424-00174.jpg

And that is fresh snow on top of the 1.5-2 feet still left in my yard

I am starting to literally become angry now. lol

Andrew

Change the color to green and you have a pic of the layer of tree pollen on everything here.

Great, 2 weeks from now, Dix will be an allergy mess.

Thanks, BB :p

*mental note to hook up the hoses and turn outside water on so I can hose off the vehicles in the AM as needed*

Both stoves cranking BTW :mad:

I don't care what anyone says. Nobody has it as bad as this:

And that is fresh snow on top of the 1.5-2 feet still left in my yard

I am starting to literally become angry now. lol

Andrew
- 7 this morning - full winter gear walking the pup last couple days with frigid north breezes in our faces. Still quite a bit of snow in the woods at the outskirts of town but not much left on the lawns here now. I haven't been out to the camp in a week or so but last run out the big lake was still frozen over as far as the eye could see, big snow "volcanoes" on the shore - looked like January - some folks ice fishing near the highway on the way out.

But I still think we're better off than Andrew - man that is depressing. FU old man winter....

Reactions: Swedishchef and Dix
I actually had to blow my driveway today. The snow/slush was rubbing under my forester and the mounds of slush the plow had pushed up were about 2 feet high.
Ugh! lol

Andrew

Apr 26 - facing Whitefish Point (Michigan) - poor pup wondering where the lake is...

IMG_20150426_101212.jpg

Still have 2 feet on my front yard..however lots of rain in the past 24 hours has put a dent in it. +15 this weekend!! Spring may have finally arrived...in May!

Andrew

The Summit is in slumber...
Let me be the first to complain, I'M F'IN SWEATING ALREADY!
86 on Monday was toooooo hot, tooooo fast!
84 yesterday, 80's again today!
What the hell happened to Spring!?
2 weeks ago it was 30's in the morn., snowing on my take off flight to WA. I come home and now its a hot, sweaty sauna!
Yes, I am biaching about this heat! A few weeks in the 60's would have been nice to acclimate to the coming warmth...
Hell it was nicer in Dallas last week, than it is here!

I'm stacking wood and it's hot as hell. Never mind covering up cause of the blackflies and ticks.

I suspected this would be a springless year for you folks. We're having a very pleasant one. No heat, bugs or humidity. well, the bumblebees and spiders are pretty active, but none of those flying pests.

Andrew, are you seeing grass yet?

I'm stacking wood and it's hot as hell. Never mind covering up cause of the blackflies and ticks.
I was cutting last week and the black flies all hatched mid day. Now I remember why I had to get all my wood done before May 1st. Man, what a PEST they are.

We had 2 weeks of decent Spring and that's it.

I think Andrew has floated away. No need for me to buy him a beer. The Canadiens will lose tonight and hockey will be done until next year for Quebec.

I suspected this would be a springless year for you folks. We're having a very pleasant one. No heat, bugs or humidity. well, the bumblebees and spiders are pretty active, but none of those flying pests.

Andrew, are you seeing grass yet?
Hrm...lemme get a picture for you. 1/2 of my lawn is out. LOL.

I think Andrew has floated away. No need for me to buy him a beer. The Canadiens will lose tonight and hockey will be done until next year for Quebec.
Hopefully hockey WILL be done. I am not a Habs fan (therefore, I am an odd duck in this province). I am a Red Wings fan.... THe habs are like religion. People will talk about a game and say "we didn't play well last night". I am like What the......

BeGreen; that is my problem. We don't have much of a spring. The jet stream tends to keep low presure fronts over my current location. For example, we have had 3 days of 65 degree weather and that's it..It's currently 47 and overcast. But we do have one heck of a nice fall.

Andrew

Last edited:
:eek: !!! Wow. How far north in Quebec is this?

Iv had the AC on for a week now.

Gaspé is pretty far north, but then again, so are Seattle and London. If it weren't for the Gulf Stream that area would be frozen solid. I'll make a note to visit in the fall. When does that start, Aug. 1st? ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Swedishchef
HA ha. No, it is warm at that time of the year. I'd say mid September...when it's supposed to start! Lots of nice maple trees turning, warm breeze along the water, it's great!

Both stoves cranking full bore. 25 or so tonight here in the Hollow.

Tulips are looking promising .

Can't believe that was just 19 days ago here on L.I. -- seems impossible now that we're sweating our cojones off as it goes up to 88 today

True, but the tulips were looking promising. Damned deer ate them:mad:

That's adding insult to injury.

Can't believe that was just 19 days ago here on L.I. -- seems impossible now that we're sweating our cojones off as it goes up to 88 today

Frost warnings here tonight............... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.