Getting Tired Of Fighting The Fight This Winter ...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The road ends at an intersection and then becomes my driveway so they pile it all in front of the drive. Got tired of it after 30 years and took a little delivery this November.

IMG_0088.jpg

Reactions: Dix and jatoxico
People all over the northeast paying someone to push snow from in front of their place ,to in front of their neighbors place.

Reactions: Warm_in_NH
The road ends at an intersection and then becomes my driveway so they pile it all in front of the drive. Got tired of it after 30 years and took a little delivery this November.

View attachment 155301
Thats some expensive revenge,,,,but sweet.................................

Bought it to rebuild the driveway. The second day I had it I drove it down to the road getting a feel for it. A neighbor walking by said "What do you need that for?". I said this and reached in the mailbox and tossed the mail in the loader bucket and headed back up the hill. ;lol

The Virginia Department of Transportation has a website that displays a map overlaid with the GPS location of each plow truck in the state. I can see that they are down there piling the stuff across the end of my 1,300 foot downhill driveway for me to have to go down and dig out of the way tomorrow. :mad:

Again.
At least this year you have that nice secret weapon.

I can't wait to see what comes out of the snow banks this spring. So far it looks like pieces of bumpers, broken snow plow parts, and enough returnable cans to make a mortgage payment!

Just got back from outside after telling plow guys that do neighbors driveway that he can't push all their snow in front of my mail box and leave it there. Last week it was the other neighbors plow guy (gal actually).

Funny thing is I used to do both their driveways with the snowblower (both older couples) but one got funny about it, guess they didn't feel comfortable and I found out the other has a son around the corner younger than me so I'm out. Now I have to stand out in the cold and tell their guys how to plow, can't win. Too bad because they both complain about the lousy job they do.

Wow, this does sound like long Island that I remember. Almost like an "Everybody Loves Raymond" episode.

People all over the northeast paying someone to push snow from in front of their place ,to in front of their neighbors place.

I had a town plow driver stop yesterday while I was plowing my driveway with my garden tractor. He said "if you leave snow in the street that causes an accident, the people can sue you" . Like I didn't realize this. Man, I can't wait to get out of NJ.

Reactions: Dix and Warm_in_NH
Wow, this does sound like long Island that I remember. Almost like an "Everybody Loves Raymond" episode.

The woman who wanted me to stop explained to me that they are German (not sure how that factors in) and anyway they had plenty of food. Meanwhile the husband is at best wheel chair bound, I think he may be bedridden at this point. All of our house are higher than the road so uphill to the houses. If they needed emergency assistance or the boiler went out they would have been out of luck. Now that their daughter moved back in I'm sure she'd love me to clear the driveway but knowing how Mom feels what can you do?

I do actually understand since I'm not great at accepting help from people either. Didn't argue, I figured I was causing her stress which is exactly the opposite of what I was trying to do.

Found the other neighbor guy down on the ground in the snow next to his car last year. He tried to drive the car down the un-plowed driveway to get the paper, fell half out of the car and could not pick himself up. Not sure how long he was out there but he was cold,wet and exhausted. I hauled him up and got him back in his car. Then used my Jeep to make his driveway passable. His son still doesn't come by.

I can't wait to see what comes out of the snow banks this spring. So far it looks like pieces of bumpers, broken snow plow parts, and enough returnable cans to make a mortgage payment!

. . . and bodies . . . don't forget the bodies. ;)

I figured I was causing her stress which is exactly the opposite of what I was trying to do.

No good deed will go un-punished.

Found that out in this neighborhood years ago.

No good deed will go un-punished.

Found that out in this neighborhood years ago.
I once bought a backhoe after i got tired of my neighbor hiring heavy equipment to modify our shared driveway to his liking making it almost impossible for me to use.
I used the machine for 5 years and sold it for more than i paid originally. Finally sold the place just to get away from the neighbor,and didnt he sell his soon after.

DOING THE DIXIE EYED HUSTLE - Just screaming it out loudly makes me smile!!! Spring will be here before we all know it, and then we will soon be complaining of the summer heat

DOING THE DIXIE EYED HUSTLE - Just screaming it out loudly makes me smile!!! Spring will be here before we all know it, and then we will soon be complaining of the summer heat

Ha ha !!! yep, it's great, until 1100 pounds of red headed mare at the end of your lead line decides to say "not today" ;)

In the 40's here. I'm sweating already, wha wha wha

I've got a 8 pound chicken in the smoker outside, cutting up vegetables to put in the smoker on a few hours.. Made a nice steak on the grill for lunch

Bout time! I'm happy for ya'll. Mowers, start your engines.

Long ways off from mowing! Spent most of today chipping ice trying to clear the way for water to flow away from the house. Also removed a section of down spout and poured 2 gallons of hot water into it to get the 4' long block of ice out of it. Water is pouring off the roof but it was backing up against the house because of the blockage.

Had a minor leak in the screen porch due to ice damming. Noticed a lot of heaving too. Anywhere water penetrated through my asphalt driveway or concrete patio is lifted. Never seen it happen to this extent before. Tough winter.

in canada it's a national pastime groan about the weather ;lol more popular then hockey didn't write groan but you get the idea

First time in more than a month that all the horses were turned out for the day, we were rotating 11 of them into 2 paddocks (some do not play well with others :mad: ). Some of the driveway is clear of ice, it's going to take a while for the rest of it.

Roof is almost clear. I have the same down spout issues as J going on. I'm pondering removing the gutters permanently .

33 with spotty sun, dug my toe of my boot into some mud in the driveway, did 2 miles out back in snow shoes but my top layer consisted of shorts and a T-chit. (Over the under armor)

You can feel the sun, snow conditions are changing for the first time, we're definitely rounding the corner!

20150308_151703.jpg View attachment 155463

Edit: 30 minutes later and it's snowing again. Ha. :(

Attachments

• 20150308_153728.jpg
    20150308_153728.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Reactions: kniffin50
Spring has arrived EARLY

Status
Not open for further replies.