Glass gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Trey1979

Feeling the Heat
Sep 20, 2018
Mississippi
I think my glass is not sealed it gets soot buildup in the bottom left corner were the gasket is jacked up I cut the air all the way down for 6 are 7 min the secondarys still going strong. Isn't all the way down suposed to put it out?
850c582fcb48b7bf4763d74c8293cf6d.jpg
64be3f06d262c98a8a6abb4d1ec8e622.jpg

2018 drolet ht2000

I think my glass is not sealed it gets soot buildup in the bottom left corner were the gasket is jacked up I cut the air all the way down for 6 are 7 min the secondarys still going strong. Isn't all the way down suposed to put it out?View attachment 233363View attachment 233364

2018 drolet ht2000
No all the way down wont put it out. My tube stove ran fully closed much of the time

The blackening of the glass is caused by a number of issues. Wet wood, Not hot enough fires and stove temp, not enough flames washing the glass, butt ends of the wood to close to the glass. Normally burning a long hot fire will clean the glass. Gasket issues can disrupt air flow that washes the glass.

That model stove runs all the way shut down most of the time for a buddy of mine. Door glass getting black is a common deal. On many stoves.

That model stove runs all the way shut down most of the time for a buddy of mine. Door glass getting black is a common deal. On many stoves.
This is after burning for 2 are the days and my wood isn't seasoned is it normal for it to brown up in that corner?
0c04f4006da9bb085e6e93ea98a29036.jpg

2018 drolet ht2000

Probably, can you test the moisture content of your wood?

His gets worse. He is also still getting up to speed on seasoned wood. That stove seems forgiving in his setup.

If that corner of the glass was leaking it would be clean not dirty.
That's kinda what I was thinking someone on another thread said opposite like smoke would be coming out of the leak and that didn't sound right to me

2018 drolet ht2000