glenwood boiler adding coal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Metallica21156

Feb 13, 2015
Carroll co
i have a older glenwood indoor wood boiler. basically a large square stove, lined inside with water pipes and fire brick. i was wondering how well it would burn coal if i got a insert of some sort. the door has a blower attached to it and feeds the air to the bottom of the fire already.

i have a older glenwood indoor wood boiler. basically a large square stove, lined inside with water pipes and fire brick. i was wondering how well it would burn coal if i got a insert of some sort. the door has a blower attached to it and feeds the air to the bottom of the fire already.

I just signed up here and have been reading a lot about Seton and Greenwood boilers. In the market for a new wood boiler and have been looking at many different brands including the glenwood. Cannot find any reviews on these boilers. I can't answer your question but do you mind telling me how you like the glenwood boiler?

I just signed up here and have been reading a lot about Seton and Greenwood boilers. In the market for a new wood boiler and have been looking at many different brands including the glenwood. Cannot find any reviews on these boilers. I can't answer your question but do you mind telling me how you like the glenwood boiler?
I purchased a Glenwood Model 7020P late last year. VERY disappointed. If you can tolerate old technology and tons of smoke, then this is the model for you. I had a gasifyer; going back to this style is like stepping back in time. Make sure you go and see one in operation before buying. Insist they do a cold start-up...then walk away.