Goat Rental

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Last edited:
i almost gave them a teeter totter yesterday. i might do that this afternoon when i get home.

Reactions: brenndatomu
This seems to be not meant to be. My wife got home yesterday and as she was driving down the neighborhood said "those look like funny dogs... actually those look like goats.... those actually look like our goats."

They had escaped, and went wandering around the neighborhood. Fortunately neighbors helped out.

Today, the city decided to start work on putting new liners in the sewers, and there is a geyser in the neighbors yard and the goats are super scared!

This seems to be not meant to be. My wife got home yesterday and as she was driving down the neighborhood said "those look like funny dogs... actually those look like goats.... those actually look like our goats."

They had escaped, and went wandering around the neighborhood. Fortunately neighbors helped out.

Today, the city decided to start work on putting new liners in the sewers, and there is a geyser in the neighbors yard and the goats are super scared!

Playing hobbyist farmer is always full of entertaining moments. You should have seen me dealing with a particularly stubborn broody chicken, last month.

the last broody chicken I had to deal with was turned into a roast...

the last broody chicken I had to deal with was turned into a roast...

This one got awful close. It didn’t help that it took place over the two weeks leading up to a family vacation, and I didn’t have her fixed until literally the night before we hopped on the plane.

Well, the goat rental woman just pulled the plug. It got to be too much for her, as she is used to smaller easier to manage yards. I guess I will have to go back to the chainsaw, tarps, and pieces of twine...

it was fun while it lasted....
K0ZLge4o5erYJhLSFxC1B28a_P36ijsyaUfX5C1ahViLCJKC3jW5DECcARLrBdolcMiPS7DFgnusY7yqFuR=w458-h610-no.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got your goats repo'd...;lol
...not something you hear everyday
Too bad it didn't work out for ya, would have been a good solution.
Could buy your own I suppose...they can be cheap to buy. Heck, I bought a young wither goat for $1 at an auction years ago...made a pretty good pet

Reactions: Tech Guru
Got your goats repo'd...;lol
...not something you hear everyday
Too bad it didn't work out for ya, would have been a good solution.
Could buy your own I suppose...they can be cheap to buy. Heck, I bought a young wither goat for $1 at an auction years ago...made a pretty good pet
the funny thing is, she is trying to sell these goats :)

Well, the goat rental woman just pulled the plug. It got to be too much for her, as she is used to smaller easier to manage yards. I guess I will have to go back to the chainsaw, tarps, and pieces of twine...

it was fun while it lasted....
View attachment 227517
That's too bad. Was this with Mutton Mowers? If not, maybe give them a call.
http://muttonmowers.com/

I don't need goats right now... they are really cute, but they wake up super early.

That's too bad. Was this with Mutton Mowers? If not, maybe give them a call.
http://muttonmowers.com/
it was a small local farm. Muttonmowers never got back to me (we are a bit farther south of their normal area).

I did spend about an hour yesterday with the clippers and the tarp, and tackled one pile of rose thorns.

I don't need goats right now... they are really cute, but they wake up super early.

Things always look easier from a distant armchair, but I think I’d be tempted to just buy two of them, and use them for as long as it takes to clean things up, then sell or give them away when the job is done.

Things always look easier from a distant armchair, but I think I’d be tempted to just buy two of them, and use them for as long as it takes to clean things up, then sell or give them away when the job is done.

we are about to embark on a major garage project with a lot of moving parts, so I don't want them to be frightened the whole time. my other thought is that the effort I would put into getting fencing and a structure for them would be better spent clearing the thicker brush and putting it in a place where the demolition guy can just put it in his truck with heavy equipment and haul it away! There is so much deadfall and brush in 1 corner across the creek that it will take a while just to be able to put the fence up....

its roughly 50' long x 20' wide of this:
CnvHvuZ3_0Uj4buYzUvaY4IIXYIvO_x6wmjk0bN2gGAYhIkECl3k-lywZaTruaWkPRhIjkM6_3cFNznQoSy=w814-h610-no.jpg
and its a hill where they just dumped a ton of old concrete chunks....

We are also technically in city limits, so we would have to get permits, yada yada yada.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ashful