Golden Eagle model P22; sn WH-224-11152

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

NM Karen

Sep 11, 2021
NM
Forgive my ignorance but I've never joined a forum before! Just moved to a small mfg. home in NM with this pellet stove installed. I realize it is an old, low end stove after some research, but will try it out for this winter. It needs a new control board. This site https://stovesandspas.com/product/a-e-101-breckwell-control-board-digital-1-rpm-c-e-101/ seems to have the exact part except mine says Golden Eagle. The goldeneaglestoves.com site comes up as some weird Japanese site. There is a loose plug inside the space behind the control board, so is it just a matter of plugging the new one in?

Reactions: Ssyko
I'm not at all familiar with that stove, but yes, it looks like it just plugs in. Some stove control boards have more than one thing that plugs into it, but I only see the one on that one. The question would be if it needs to be programmed for the stove model. For example, many Englander stoves use the same board, but once plugged in, there may me a procedure to set it for the stove model that involves plugging in the stove and pressing a combination of buttons within so many seconds. I have no idea if that's the case with this brand or board and it may not, but something to think about.

Thanks Ocelot! The previous owner is supposed to supply the board, so we'll just wait for it and plug it in and see what happens. I cannot find an owners manual either for this stove. Any ideas there?

Boy it sure does, thanks! The P22 part of the S.N. matches and the picture of the stove is exactly the same as mine even tho mine says it's a Golden Eagle. The picture of the control board is a bit different than the one we are ordering, so I hope it works. I'm going to call the Stoves and Spas place today and make sure it will work. Thanks again.

Reactions: Ssyko and Ocelot
SO we got the new control board installed and I did get a fire going but only by manually putting a handful of pellets in the burn pot. The auger is not turning. I removed the auger motor (with difficulty!! it has a cotter pin holding it in) and cleaned everything and got the auger screw to move freely, but the shaft on the motor is fused solid. Should that shaft be able to turn freely too? I'm thinking we have a bad auger motor too:( Nights are starting to get kinda cold so we need this stove working!

Using an old lamp cord strip the two wires and put them on the motor leads
or terminals. Plug the cord in and see if the motor turns .
If it turns it is probably good if not replace it

Using an old lamp cord strip the two wires and put them on the motor leads
or terminals. Plug the cord in and see if the motor turns .
If it turns it is probably good if not replace it
OK, thanks Johneh, so that was fun, I did what you said and it turns nice and slow and steady so I think it's good. Could it have just been a jammed auger screw (or whatever it's called)? The screw was very hard to move and was all jammed up with pellets and pellet dust. Are these stoves that temperamental? Should I put it all back together, load the hopper with pellets and try it again? One more question, if the burn pot is empty and the hopper is full and I turn it on for another test run, if it's working properly will the auger turn and load up the burn pot first and then light?

Put it back together but a few hand fulls of pellets in the Hopper and start
the stove. The hopper will fill the pot and the igniter will heat whether there are pellets or not
in the pot .Put a handful of pellets in the pot to start
If the Auger is empty it will take a few minutes to fill and get pellets to the pot

Put it back together but a few hand fulls of pellets in the Hopper and start
the stove. The hopper will fill the pot and the igniter will heat whether there are pellets or not
in the pot .Put a handful of pellets in the pot to start
If the Auger is empty it will take a few minutes to fill and get pellets to the pot
We are up and running, thank you!

Reactions: Ssyko and Ocelot