Good healthcare experience so far with ACA

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seasoned Oak

Minister of Fire
Oct 17, 2008
Eastern Central PA
I hope this topic is not too hot for the inglenook but i thought our fellow members would like to know how this is going and possibly if it could help them. This is not about politics.
Finally in mid december the website started working and it took all of 20 minutes to apply.
Many of you self employed may want to check it out.
I paid my first premium Dec 24 and coverage started Jan 1 2014 with highmark, blue cross
Premium price is about half what i previously paid in the private market.
It seems to be accepted just about everywhere that i normally go as its a well regarded insurance company here in Pa.
Preventative care is no co-pay, so 2 flu shots were covered 100% BIll $100 $50 Each
My doctor gave me a clean bill of health at my first check-up and scheduled my next Appt in 1 year.
Other then to schedule a routine colonoscopy.
Even my chiropractor is covered. Went there too.
Eye and dental available as an add on for an extra premium charge.

Yeah, not really going to float here...I don't think....

There are about 18 million conversations of every stripe - as well as opinions, facts and BS everywhere around the net that folks can read. But here it tends to turn into the same old political stuff...IMHO.

We've had RomneyCare for about 8 years here in MA - and our experience has been good. It's gotten better and better each year......

But, hey, most people have their minds made up independent of the facts......it appears! Just as people today are still complaining about SS (started 80 years ago) and Medicare (40 years ago), in 100 years people will still be complaining about the ACA.

I suspect many people signed up, took advantage of the decent prices and good benefits - and then immediately visited their favorite online forum to rally against it. People are funny!
::-)

We've had RomneyCare for about 8 years here in MA - and our experience has been good. It's gotten better and better each year......
I suspect this will follow suit if given a chance. I hope it lasts as im 8 years away from medicare and there are no other good options for self employed and similar groups.

Things went pretty well for me last time I went to the doc. The new drugs are certainly miraculous!
Screen Shot 2014-01-16 at 7.06.12 PM.png Screen Shot 2014-01-16 at 7.06.03 PM.png

Unfortunately, now I'm being called a pinhead.

While I personally have benefitted from the ACA, it was recently (quietly) revealed that over 350,000 folks in Colorado have lost their health care. With pre existing conditions I'm concerned about what happens if the changes we've made are not sustainable and we have to backtrack.

Possibly people who lost their HC would now be eligible to enroll on the ACA exchange. If thats the case they would probably end up with better coverage for less cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.