Good Price?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Man that's awful. Even with covid just order 3 tons of golden fire Douglas for pellets for 209/ton, and that's about as premium a pellet I can find here in the pacific northwest.

I just picked up 2 tons of Somersets for what one costs in this link at TSC. Sales person at TSC said Somersets may be hard to come by this year. I got the last 2 pallets.

I just picked up 2 tons of Somersets for what one costs in this link at TSC. Sales person at TSC said Somersets may be hard to come by this year. I got the last 2 pallets.
Marc, do you have a Menards close to you. I use Menards in Massillon for all my pellets. Average 5 1/2 - 6 ton a year. Already grabbed my first ton of the year. They usually have Somersets. $249 ton, minus 11%. According to their app, they have over 40 ton in stock right now. They will have Marth or Magic Spark once in a while too, but mostly Somersets. Can't beat their price.

Marc, do you have a Menards close to you. I use Menards in Massillon for all my pellets. Average 5 1/2 - 6 ton a year. Already grabbed my first ton of the year. They usually have Somersets. $249 ton, minus 11%. According to their app, they have over 40 ton in stock right now. They will have Marth or Magic Spark once in a while too, but mostly Somersets. Can't beat their price.
Yea and ours also carries Somersets, they are about 20 bucks more a pallet. I usually go through 2 or 21/2 tons down here in Cinti so if TS is out Ill hit up Menards. Thanks!

That price up top is our local hardware. They don't sell to many pellets. Reasonable prices on everything else though.
Ron

Didn’t know they had somersets in Michigan. For that price they better deliver for free to the north. Geez I thought 330 a ton was high for pro pellets (didn’t pay that for mine).

Man that's awful. Even with covid just order 3 tons of golden fire Douglas for pellets for 209/ton, and that's about as premium a pellet I can find here in the pacific northwest.
100.00 ton more here in Pa for the Oregon firs. Shipping costs.

My local Somerset vendor wants $275/ton this fall. He's a small retailer, sells pellets out of a warehouse he rents. The big-box stores want $250/ton for the lesser-quality brands they usually sell. Fuel oil is running about $2/gallon locally. Considering the cost and labor involved in trucking the pellets home, hauling them into the basement and loading the boiler every day, oil looks like my fuel of choice this winter.