Grandpa Bear Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Zombie

Dec 21, 2020
NC
@coaly I noticed these #s on the upper back corner of my Grandpa bear, on the right hand side if veiwing from the rear. Is this a production # or does it mean something else?

20210211_181101.jpg

@coaly I noticed these #s on the upper back corner of my Grandpa bear, on the right hand side if veiwing from the rear. Is this a production # or does it mean something else?

View attachment 274301
Probably the stove number. Serial numbers weren’t used until they were on UL tags. Each fabricator had their own way of numbering them.

Reactions: Zombie
Added some brick today, it was a nice day so I didn't reload this morning. Cleaned the chimney, flue, and inside of the stove out. I will be getting the steel for the baffle plate tomorro. Is there any good easy way to flatten out the shelf?

20210219_212558.jpg

Adjustable wrench with pipe on it if you can get the right angle to work through door. Bend it down if you can. I have a small scissors jack that closes small enough to push against the top too.

You can always go through the rear vent pipe with a 2x4 lever with a block on the shelf to pry it down.

Reactions: Zombie