"Granules De Bois" wood pellets ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nhdblfan

Jun 5, 2008
Central NH
I ordred 4 tons (paid in full!!) in June of NEWP's wood pellets and still not here so I have been grabbing a few bags when I can find them.Called around 30 mile area near our home to the "usual suspects" with none in stock anywhere expect one small farm store had 20 bags left of Granules De Bois".I bought 10 ,all the Jeep could hold (along with a dozen fresh eggs and checked out a happy 10 year old who was checking in his first deer,a nice 165lbs 6 pointer-youth hunting weekend here in NH) and have them home.Not cheap @ 6.50 a bag but still better then running the oli burner and I want to really give the new XXV a good try before winta kicks in.

Any one else ever use them? They are softwood,packaged nicely.
Here is their website

http://www.granuleslg.com/

I used those pellets last season (2 tons) in my Harman XXV,
and they burned hot with lower ash. The only drawback is
they had higher fines than I would prefer. If you can get them
at a good price, I'd get more. .

I burned a couple tons of them but it was
back in the winter of 05. As I recall they
were cut alot shorter than most pellets I've
tried, and they were lighter in color.
They burned good and the heat was ok but
I've since tried 8 other brands and many of
the others produced more heat. Ymmv.

Thanks zeta and cantman,
yes they are very light in color.The site says black spruce and grey pine.The size seem pretty normal,they are in nice heavy clear bags and you can see some as long a 3/4".The ash content says "less than .5%" I have the last of the Penningtons from Lowes in there now and will try these when its almost empty.

The owner of the farm store said that was all he was able to get,there is a real shortage up here in NH.Very frustrated that I have those NEWP's all paid for since June and if I am lucky I will get them in Nov !

Thanks for the posts,

I have about 5 tons of those in my garage. They are great! Super clean pellets. They are light in color, but they burn nice, very low ash and no dust or fines at all! I have over 3 tons of another brand and there is no comparison. The other ones are hardwood OHP pellets and they are full of dust. I would take the Granules De Bois anyday!

I bought 3 tons of the Granules LG from a local feed dealer. They are burning quite well with what appears to be low ash. I do see a small amount of fines which, so far, haven't caused any problem. My bags are red white and blue and labeled in English and French.

kt1i said:
I bought 3 tons of the Granules LG from a local feed dealer. They are burning quite well with what appears to be low ash. I do see a small amount of fines which, so far, haven't caused any problem. My bags are red white and blue and labeled in English and French.

Mine are in Clear bags with red and blue type. They are also labeled in both French and English. They also say Premium on the bags.

Thanks all for the addional replies.Have about a half a bag left in the XXV of the old one and will put the Granules in and see how they do.The bags I bought where clear with read and blus printing (French and English) as well.Its was the only ones to be had but they sound like they will work fine.Hopfully my 4 tons (11 ton order total that I did with two neighbors in June) will before I run through these or it goes back to a $3000 plant stand.
Still a shortage here in central NH

I burned 3-4 bags of the LG when I first ran the stove.
Good heat output and almost no ash.
I now have 4 tons from Athens and wish I had 4 tons of LG instead!!!!
Next year I will start shopping early now that I have a little knowledge!

You should be very satisfied with the LG!!
Enjoy

I have 2 Tons of LG's very satisfied, but there are a lot of fines. the only prob i see with the fines is when the auger turns and barely anything falls into the pot :)

Status
Not open for further replies.