Great deal on a chainsaw case and canvas log carrier (Canada)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Longknife

Burning Hunk
Oct 12, 2016
Eastern Ontario, Canada
For Canadian residents, I saw this in a Echo flyer and caught my local tractor dealership (who are also an Echo dealer) off guard when I went in to purchase them.

During shoulder season I don't necessarily like bringing in some of my marginal wood because of mess, bugs, etc. so I usually just carry it in by the arm load and put it right in the wood. A canvas carrier like this would have been a wise investment years ago, but at $6 it was a no-brainer.

The Echo chainsaw case is a great design (same a Husqvarna powerbox) and at $20, another steal.

Unfortunately, as I've found out, my MS461 with the model R log dogs does not fit in this case, the 1 piece molded type cases, or even the Stihl 2 piece molded cases. I'll guess I'll have to come up with something else for it and in the meantime, I have an extra case that I'll need to find another saw to fill!;)

2mgl7jt.jpg

Reactions: Lone_Gun
Perfect! I was just about to buy one of these canvases from Amazon! Now I just have to locate a dealer in the east end.

Thanks for posting this flyer.

I should add that some dealers are also Shindaiwa dealers (as they are the same parent company) and they have a good promotion running on a 1 piece molded chainsaw case. Again, I can't find a link to this flyer anywhere, and there's no mention of a expiration date, but I would imagine it runs concurrent to the Echo sale.

I have this case (marketed as a Jonsered case) and it's been decent enough and has the bonus of not having to pull off the scabbard every time you access the saw.

ao2dlt.jpg