Great new music

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nailed_nailer

Minister of Fire
Oct 29, 2007
Cape Cod, Ma
Folks,
I love music, Can't play a note or sing worth a damn. But, I love music.

I have very wide and eclectic tastes. Lately I have been leaning more toward Bluegrass/Country stuff.
Here a a couple of samples you probably have never heard of.

Just heard of this band the other night and will soon be spending some $$ getting a few albums.
Trampled by Turtles is a kind of Bluegrass/Rock band out of Minn.
Caught one of their songs on the Season 7 finale of Deadliest Catch
"Again"

Something about their soulful sound drew me in. Think I'm going to like these guys.

Another guy I really like is Hayes Carll.
He is a Texas Country/Rock singer songwriter with tons of talent and hard drinkin' work ethic.
Check out "Hide Me"

His studio albums are much better than most of the live you tube recordings. The live stuff tends to sound fatigued. Like living on the road has worn out his voice. The talent is there. Dude needs to get some sleep.

Let me know what you think.
---Nailer---

I like it Nailer. I play a little acoustic guitar, so I am partial to it. Hayes Carll has his own thing going on there.

The first song reminds me of the Avett Brothers.

Second reminds me of Ray Lamontange. That same fatigued thing.

@ Fishingpol, The Avvett brothers is where is at. Love those guys. This guys are pretty good to. I like the style of music. I guess anything other than top 40 im cool with. Just cant stand the music my kids listen to, they play the same songs over and over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.