GREAT Pellet Deal at The Tractor Supply Store $259/Ton

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

squeed

Jan 25, 2009
North East, USA
I just bought 5 tons of Lignetics pellets for $259/ton at The Tractor Supply Store. Regular price was $289/Ton which I thought was still good, but they ordered several tractor trailer fulls and I think they are getting a little nervous because it's still very early, so they have all of this stock sitting around not making them any money.

They have a lay-away program 50% now and 50% when you pick them up by Oct 1st or before. My dealer wanted $299/Ton and said that they would be $310/ton in August.

Let's support them, this is a fair price right now. I know that those old timers will say, "I remember when they were $199/Ton. I agree, but with most dealers trying to bend us over for $300+, lets support $259 !!

Note - No delivery. You have to pick them up.

hxxp://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay_10551_10001_130688_-1______?rFlag=true&cFlag=1

-S

I'd be curious too. Hopefully that price is a trend. (wishful thinking) There's a Tractor Supply opening up about 1.5 miles from me next month. I saw some pallets of wrapped pellets in the yard, can't tell what they are. With 3 cars, it wouldn't take too long to bring home at ton.....

My local TSC here in Maine had Rocky Mountain pellets the last time I was there. And they were running a sale too, I think it was $259.

I had to drive about 2 hours to get them but the store phone # is (908) 284-2021 and the managers name is Dan. As of yesterday, they have 22 tons physically in the store, well, 17 tons now since I just bought 5, and several tractor trailer loads in their warehouse. Definitely call ahead. They have 2 pallets in the walk in entrance because they are trying to move them and they have a special flyer . July 30th though August 16th 2009, They call it their lay-away plan. When you purchase 50 bags (1 ton) or more get $10 off per ton. That brings their already low price of $269 down to $259/ton.

50% downpayment at the time of pre order and all orders must be picked up by October 1st.

The fine print says limit 8 tons per customer and no dealers.

The store is kinda in the middle of nowhere, but it wasn't hard to find, you drive past a bunch of car dealerships all in a row, and then about another 2 miles and it's right on a main road.

-S

mine aint doing jack @@@@ told me 289 was the price and they would try to do layaway the sale ended but it was only for 30 days (layaway)

GREAT deal???

It's a sad day when folks are getting excited over (undelivered) $260 pellets. Add in the labor/cost of picking them up, moving them, storing them, cleaning/feeding the stove, etc., and you're better off sticking to NG/oil for now if you have it, it will be cheaper and much easier. Next year might be different, but there's no reason (IMO) to buy overpriced pellets when the sale price is still overpriced.

"There always seems to be someone out there who is willing to attempt to degrade someone elses’ feeling of well being with negative comments." the old ranger

I burn pellets cause i like the heat output better than my oil furnace. It's like i'm wearing a sweater. So any price under $ 280 a ton would still make me a fan . Muss

BTU said:
squeed...which TSC store are you referring to ?..
I just called 6 TSC stores in three NE states and was quoted $289.50 per ton for all Maine state products.

RINGOES NJ according to the TSC website

muss said:
I burn pellets cause i like the heat output better than my oil furnace. It's like i'm wearing a sweater. So any price under $ 280 a ton would still make me a fan . Muss

Thing is for me, I can heat cheaper with a heat pump, I'm getting to the point I will only burn when it gets below 25*...

unfortunatly where my pellet stove is there is electric heat so its still cheaper......
but i dont need 4-6 tons 2 might be to many for me as i only need to run in on idle on COLD nights because no one even stays in that area... (its like an in-law apartment)
BUT... the wife is having our first this Nov so i expect all the in laws to be visiting !

iceman said:
unfortunatly where my pellet stove is there is electric heat so its still cheaper......
but i dont need 4-6 tons 2 might be to many for me as i only need to run in on idle on COLD nights because no one even stays in that area... (its like an in-law apartment)
BUT... the wife is having our first this Nov so i expect all the in laws to be visiting !

Congrats Iceman! Get plenty of sleep NOW!! &^)

tonyd said:
How relaxing is it kicked back in front of a oil burner?

Not very, but sitting in front of an oversized "blow torch" isnt my cup of tea either. If I want to relax I sit in front of my gas fireplace or better yet my traditional fireplace. Ahhhh A nice crackling fire! Thats relaxing...

To each there own, What ever floats your boat, what ever makes you Happy is all that counts. Life is to short to worry about pellets. If your happy with the price more power to you. If you like an Oil burner great, If you like an open fireplace great, If you like a wood stove great, you like N G great. Just be happy for YOU and YOUR family is all that counts Fespo

tjnamtiw said:
iceman said:

Congrats Iceman! Get plenty of sleep NOW!! &^)

thanks!! i am trying!
I am gonna have to teach the baby to wake up on my wood burning cycle!!!

iceman said:

It's OUT-laws for me!!! If I had your room for them, I'd let'em FREEZE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.