Green ash in Englander 25 pdg

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Gussie02

Nov 6, 2019
Englander 25 pdv pellet stove has been having green ash in it for the last couple weeks. It is on 3 and the burn pot keeps filling up. It needs to be cleaned every 3-4 days. Does anyone have any idea what is going on? It has new convection blower and auger motor this year and a new combustion blower last year. Is there a certain place I should be cleaning it that maybe I am not? Any help would be appreciated

20210217_213824.jpg

Reactions: Ssyko
Looks like carbon to me....

Could be some minerals in the mfg process. Copper turns green with heat. Some dirt in the mix. Maybe one of the binding additives.

Clean the stove then change your pellets!

Better yet, clean the stove and venting and open up the burnplate holes and keep the pellets.