greenwood boilers 200

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ace1

Jan 26, 2008
NJ
I have a 5500 sq foot home with 2 gas boilers which are controlled by 14 zone valves ,baseboard and 2 50g hotwater heaters which I would like to heat up with a wood boiler and to install in the basment/garage. I am looking for recommendations from people who use it. Does anyone know if it is allowed in New Jersey? Please let me know. Thank you.

Welcome to the Boiler Room, ace1. We have a couple of Greenwood owners here that I'm sure will be happy to help you out.

Sorry Dude, your post got shuffled down. I have a GW100 in NY. I thought NY was about the last state to adopt the national Code a few years ago, so I am GUESSING the same code applies in NY as 'Joisey. But check with the CEO (or whatever his/her title is down there) The best approach with govt types is to ask questions and tell them you need their 'help'. Things go smoother that way ;-)

If ya got'z specific questions on the GW, I (and the rest of the naturally aspirated refractory mass clan) will help you out as best I/we can.

Jimbo

It's against code to install a wood-burning appliance in an attached garage (though people do it all the time), but I'm sure it's OK to put one in your basement as long as everything is done according to code and local restrictions, if any. Even in Jersey, I'd wager.

I have no knowledge of NJ specific codes but in most areas you can install one in a shed or other detached building. You might want to check with your insurance agent and see if it makes a difference in coverage between basement and detached building installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.