Greetings From Moscow

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wendell

Minister of Fire
Jan 29, 2008
NE Iowa
I'm over here on business and right in the middle of the city, as the car I'm in is hurtling us toward certain death (you really need to experience Moscow traffic. It's kind of like playing Pole Position when I was a kid) I look up and see a big bulletin board with an ad for a Partner 352 Chrome for 5735 rubles.

I just can't imagine a Stihl ad in the heart of Manhattan.

Just thought you might find that interesting.

Or not. :)

Dont forget to pick up one of those famous Russian fur hats,might come in handy in Wisconson.Had a friend pick me one up a few years ago and its great when Im plowing snow on my Tractor.

here are some pic's of my russian husqvarna,it's brand new and never been run.available in russia only ;-)

th_262XPH005.jpg
th_262XPH006.jpg
th_262XPH007.jpg
th_262XPH008.jpg

clik on pic for enlargement

I hope they include instructions on which direction to hold onto those handles. ;-)

Jeff S said:
Dont forget to pick up one of those famous Russian fur hats...
Forget the hats... checkout the mail-order Russian brides. More practical for cold Winters than a big fur hat.

fyrwoodguy said:
here are some pic's of my russian husqvarna,it's brand new and never been run.available in russia only ;-)

Talk about kick back just waiting to happen. And you won't have to wait long! :ahhh:

Heck if you think they are crazy drivers you should drive in Canada on a Friday night. They are crazy.They failed the Richard Petty driving academy.80 mph is nothing to them. And I was hauling logs from Bonneville NY, going onto the Queens way, and took a boat across a river to drop of the logs.And yes it gets a bit chilly in January, ken

Is that saw really to cut wood? Looks like it's for something else. Would it be to cut blocks of ice out of a pond or something?

Steve

On edit: I also see a blue restriction cover over the bottom of the cooling air intake. To keep ice out?

I decided to pass on the Partner saw but discovered tonight you can get a 0.5 L bottle of Vodka for $3 but spend more for the same size bottle of beer.

I miss my stove :(

YZF1R said:
Is that saw really to cut wood? Looks like it's for something else. Would it be to cut blocks of ice out of a pond or something?

Steve

On edit: I also see a blue restriction cover over the bottom of the cooling air intake. To keep ice out?

the blue cover is a thermostat,it keeps the air filter from getting iced up if it sucks in snow thru vents in recoil cover.cannot use blue cover above 32*f engine failure could result.for winter use only.saw handles are for trees......."russian style"..operators head stays in clean air while in shoveled out hole around tree trunk. snow depth up to 4-5ft. ;-)

fyrwoodguy said:

th_262XPH005.jpg
th_262XPH006.jpg
th_262XPH007.jpg
th_262XPH008.jpg

clik on pic for enlargement

I want a set of handles for my Stihl. No more bending over and getting back aches!!!

Like most everything else the Ruskies design on their own (and don't steal from other countries) ....crude but effective.

fyrwoodguy: Thank you for the clarification. Makes sense. ;-)

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.