Hallockville Museum Farm Sunset Pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dix

Minister of Fire
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
As a lot of you know, I work here part time on the weekends. Last night was the annual "Barn Dance" ... country callers, banjos, etc

I walked outside as the sun was setting, and saw these ...

031.JPG

Looking North West from the Naugles Barn

043.JPG

North, from the Naugles Barn

044.JPG

Turned m head 6 inches, and the sky looked like this.

049.JPG

Looking South, over the cow pasture. The buildings beyond the white picket fence are a part of Martha Clara Vineyards.

That Barn Dance sounds really interesting!

Reactions: Dix
Difficult (for me) to see what it was that you found so intriguing, Eileen...not coming through on the pics. Was it some lenticular cloud formations? Look like flying saucers? We see those a lot out here east of the Cascades. Just google lenticular cloud to see some spectacular examples. Rick

So, come East next July, Dennis & Judy !!

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Difficult (for me) to see what it was that you found so intriguing, Eileen...not coming through on the pics. Was it some lenticular cloud formations? Look like flying saucers? We see those a lot out here east of the Cascades. Just google lenticular cloud to see some spectacular examples. Rick

I am surrounded by tall oaks, pines ... I never get to see the sunset, or, atleast a sunset like that.

Another step in a positive direction for me ... used to love to take pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.