Harman 35i Operation Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Alfreym

Feb 16, 2019
Wentzville, Missouri
Hello, I just replaced my Quadra Fire 1100i with a Harman 35i. Quadra Fire had a lot of info available explaining how the stove worked. It was very simple, when the thermostat called for heat it kicked on and gave me heat. When it came to temp it shut off.

The Harman, not as simple. I have had it now for a couple of days. It is set on room temp mode with auto ignite, a feed rate of 4 and the distribution blower on highest setting. It is heating the house just fine and keeping the temp between 69-71 degrees. I am use to the Quadra Fire starting and shutting down as needed for heat. The Harman has not shut off since I started it. The fire will die down and get bigger, I assume to keep the house at the set temp.

My question, Is it meant to run constantly with out shutting down? Is it OK to run it like this and only shut down to clean? I use the stove as the main source of heat for the house.

Thank You
Alan

There is a toggle switch on the control board,make sure it is turned to "auto".Turn the temperature knob way down,to like 55,see if stove shuts off.It takes a while.Then report back.

Then I think your board is working OK.You may have your room sensor in a draft,but,the 35 is not a powerhouse stove,and it may need to run more to keep room warm,compared to the Quad.On cold days,my Accentra will do the same thing,look like it is going out,then kicks back up.

It’s ok to run 2-3 bags of pellets without shutting down? Like I said it slows down just doesn’t shut down. I guess it will when the temp goes up outside.

It’s just a lot different than the Quadra Fire.

It’s ok to run 2-3 bags of pellets without shutting down? Like I said it slows down just doesn’t shut down. I guess it will when the temp goes up outside.

It’s just a lot different than the Quadra Fire.
You can run it until it needs cleaning,without shutting it down,just scrape the firepot,when the flame is low,that is what most of us do.A bump will form,in the bottom of the pot,right above the ignitor,(called the Harman speed bump,lol),that affects re ignition.I "can" burn 1 ton before cleaning,but,as most of us have found out,clean sooner(I usually do at 1/2 ton) and you will get more consistent heat.If you do not have the harman pot scraper,a cheep screwdriver with a 45 degree bend works very well.Sometimes my stove runs 2 weeks straight.

Our advance may run from November to March shutting down just for cleaning.They are built to run!

When it reaches room temp it will idle down to maintenance mode. They do turn off after a time if you stay at temperature for an extended period. When it's idled down is a good time to scrape the firepot quickly. :)

Last edited:
It could also have to do with your probe placement. Where is your probe placed? The P35i once temperature is reached will idle down for a few minutes before shutting completely down. If there is a call for heat it will ramp back up.

Reactions: Paulinator