Harman 52! 3 blink

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

HoodooMan

Oct 18, 2021
MA
Hello, long-time lurker first-time poster. My 3-year-old Harman is now giving me the 3 blink error, I cleaned the sensor in the back, there are no fines in the burn pot and I can't figure out how to get it to reset so it will try to test fire. I'm ordering the new ESP sensor but I'm not sure what is involved in a hard reset to resolve the issue. I have unplugged the stove for over 10 min a few times but it starts with the 3 blink error each time it restarts.

Make sure you match the color of the leads before you order a new one (red, replace with red; black replace with black) red lead probes are different than black lead probes & are not interchangeable (without going in and changing dip switch settings but that's another story); better to keep same lead color probe.

looks like a bad control board. Replaced the red wired probe with another red wired probe and still getting the three blinks. Ordered a new control board and should have it in a few days. Got lucky and found a vendor nearby in MA that had one at a reasonable price. Amazon was going to take until the end of the month.

replaced the control board, set the dip switches to the correct position and it fired right up afterward!

I noticed there is a company that repairs/refurbishes the board. Is that worth doing to have the board as a backup or do people just tend to buy new boards when they fail?

Make sure to run the stove thru a good quality surge suppressor! Those boards aren't cheap And yes, alot of people refurbish they're old board and keep them as a spare.