Harman 52i burnpot Gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Montecarlossfan

Burning Hunk
Jan 1, 2019
Connecticut
Good Evening all,
I have a question about a 52i burnpot gasket, the manual says 2 required although I don’t see how it would work properly as there would be way too much space between the burnpot and auger.. I did find what I think was gasket material on both sides of the restrictor plate..
which brings me to the question is it Gasket>plate>Gasket>Burnpot
Or
plate>Gasket>Burnpot(I’m thinking this is it)
Or
Plate>Gasket>Gasket>Burnpot
This is a picture with the first config and I know it isn’t right

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 113
Good Evening all,
I have a question about a 52i burnpot gasket, the manual says 2 required although I don’t see how it would work properly as there would be way too much space between the burnpot and auger.. I did find what I think was gasket material on both sides of the restrictor plate..
which brings me to the question is it Gasket>plate>Gasket>Burnpot
Or
plate>Gasket>Burnpot(I’m thinking this is it)
Or
Plate>Gasket>Gasket>Burnpot
This is a picture with the first config and I know it isn’t right
After tightening.. it may not be too bad but I still don’t feel right with a gap there although it may be normal?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 109