Harman 6 blink error fixed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mr47930

Burning Hunk
Aug 11, 2014
Southern MD
Hey guys it’s been a while. Just figured I’d post in case someone else runs across this issue that I had. I fired up my Harman 52i for the season as it was supposed to dip into the 30’s. Everything started up fine but after about 30 minutes it shut down and gave me the 6 blink error code. I had just cleaned it from top to bottom so I was confused as to what the issue could be so I googled and it seemed that it could have been the ESP. Pulled the unit out today (what a pain l, this thing is HEAVY), lifting it by myself is a struggle but I got it. Looked in the exhaust and could tell it was pretty caked. Vacuumed and brushed it out really good, removed and cleaned the ESP and ran a brush through the vent. Also opened the fines box and sucked out the mess in there. Put it all back and fired it up. It’s been running for an hour with no issues so I’m assuming it’s fixed!
Happy burning.

Hey guys it’s been a while. Just figured I’d post in case someone else runs across this issue that I had. I fired up my Harman 52i for the season as it was supposed to dip into the 30’s. Everything started up fine but after about 30 minutes it shut down and gave me the 6 blink error code. I had just cleaned it from top to bottom so I was confused as to what the issue could be so I googled and it seemed that it could have been the ESP. Pulled the unit out today (what a pain l, this thing is HEAVY), lifting it by myself is a struggle but I got it. Looked in the exhaust and could tell it was pretty caked. Vacuumed and brushed it out really good, removed and cleaned the ESP and ran a brush through the vent. Also opened the fines box and sucked out the mess in there. Put it all back and fired it up. It’s been running for an hour with no issues so I’m assuming it’s fixed!
Happy burning.
I have a Harman XXV and have been struggling with 6 blink issue for a while. Tried most of the suggestions on this forum, some worked for a short time, some didn't. I actually would have the error more after cleaning. Finally figured out what the fines box was. Small box in the rear with a removable cover (wingnuts). Not sure what it does, appears to be at the bottom of the hopper. Any ways, it was about 1/2 full of pellets and dust, vacuumed out fully and the stove has been error free for weeks. This is definitely where you should start if you have a 6 blink issue IMHO.

my wife called me while I was out told me the stove had six blink error code and shut down. She had opened the hopper and looked low so she txted me. Took about 15 minutes till i got back to her and i said fill it up. Got home and Did some checking and all seemed good so i unplugged the stove and it reset back to normal. Seems that when she check the hopper, she had the lid up and it stayed up until I texted her back 15 minutes later. The stove picked up a vacuum leak as it should and that's why it shut down. But she meant well so couldnt get on her for sending me into panic mode.