Harman Absolute 43 screeching even after deep cleaning.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jewels_cm

Feb 3, 2022
Oregon City, Oregon
I have a 2.5 year old Harman Absolute 43 stove and it is making loud screeching noises. I got out the air compressor and the shop vac and cleaned the ash pan area, removed the cover to the fan under there and blew it out and vacuumed it out, I cleaned the burn pot area, scraped all of the interior and vacuumed more. I pulled the two lower back panels off and blew that area out, I can't figure out if the upper panel comes off but I got the air hose up there and did the best I can with cleaning and its still screeching. When I attempt to zone in on the source of the noise it sounds like its coming from the fan that blows air out the top vents and the noise is towards upper rear of the stove. Would greatly appreciate any help/ideas, it's making watching TV in the living room rather unpleasant, the stove and TV volume are in constant competition.
Thank you!

just had a noise coming from my harman P61A past week.
took back cover off and after listening it was the exhaust motor..
u can see a shaft turning in the back of that motor.. 2 drops of penetrating oil silenced it.
now i would check that and also the distribution motor there in the back also as i think there is a visible shaft turning .[ not sure since never looked under it as my motor is on an down angle. u can oil or spray with WD40..read a post somewhere else where they sprayed the moving shaft and pretty sure it was harman..

Reactions: Jewels_cm
Looking at the diagram for that stove there are 2 distribution room blowers and a combustion blower, so if you can isolate them that would help locate the noise. Is there a test mode on your control panel to test all the motors?

Reactions: Mt Bob
My Harmon XXV did noise when I got it after running a month or so. Screws were impacting the Distribution Fan. It's one Motor with 2 Fans. I ordered new fan under warranty and finally ordered one myself. When we took it out found the problem. (Dealer was slow and Unresponsive)

IMG_7006.JPG

I have the same stove, and after 4 years enough dust had built up on my distribution fans to cause a really annoying rattle, not really a screech, although at higher rpms it was higher pitched. I blasted them out with an air compressor (and made a huge dust cloud) and that fixed the issue. I was silly though and didn't realize there were two fans, so I had to do the process twice when the rattle didn't go away initially. It was obviously the distribution fan in this case because the sound would stop when the room fan was off.

Reactions: rickwai