Harman Absolute 43 Used Price?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sutphenj

Burning Hunk
Nov 19, 2010
West MI
I've got a 1 year old Harman Absolute 43 I may be looking to sell soon. Love the stove actually but ended up buying some land so now I have free wood. Any thoughts on what a good price would be on the used market for this stove? Burned 3 tons through it is all. Thanks.

Free wood but is any of it seasoned for this year? Moisture content on a fresh split below 20%...

Hopefully some of the Harman owners will chime in with a good idea of price. Planning to sell all venting with it, hearth pad? Hearth pad may not be legal for the wood stove as the pellet stoves frequently require ember protection.

Be patient as folks may still be working with a summer mind bent and not thinking of heating just yet...

Free wood but is any of it seasoned for this year? Moisture content on a fresh split below 20%...

Hopefully some of the Harman owners will chime in with a good idea of price. Planning to sell all venting with it, hearth pad? Hearth pad may not be legal for the wood stove as the pellet stoves frequently require ember protection.

Be patient as folks may still be working with a summer mind bent and not thinking of heating just yet...
Yeah 5 cord of dry c/s/s wood from 2 yrs ago. I know the drill from being on her awhile. Yes selling with venting.

Reactions: Lake Girl
Best advice I have is peruse CL and see if there are any being sold - or at least check out other used Harman prices compared to new. When looking on CL, keep in mind that many people have an exaggerated idea of what their stove is worth, or are hoping to get lucky with a newbie and get a really good price for their stove. But, almost everyone is negotiable. When I got my P43 last year (slightly used), they wanted $1800 for it. I paid $1000. Yep, they were down to the wire for selling (they were moving to FL) and I was the only buyer in sight.However, they were also selling in spring instead of autumn, so not many people were looking, except those looking for a great bargain

Later that fall I sold my St. Croix Hastings, a 7 year old stove. I asked for $1500 (what I paid for it the previous year) and took $1350 for it. I started advertising it on CL when I bought the P43. I had all the time in the world - not even unhooking the exhaust until I had a buyer on the way with cash. I turned down lots of lowball offers, as well as offers not to much lower than what I took.

Keep in mind that areas value stoves differently. I happen to be in what seems to be a higher price market. Also, the price of oil, NG and propane can affect the willingness of the buyer to part with their cash for a stove.

Sorry I can't give you a definitive answer, but the variables are huge and at least I gave you some things to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.