Harman Accentra 2 Help!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

nickster

Feb 22, 2014
new Hampshire
Hi everyone. I picked up a used Accentra 2 and there's no control panel on it. There is a screwed door on the back that doesn't seem to want to open on the back but there's just the circuit board in there. Should I have gotten a remote control board with it? I'm finding Harman dealers in my area to be pretty useless. The stove was made in 2006 if it matters. Thanks in advance.

Can you post a pic of what you see. There's a panel on the left side of the stove that swings out to show the controls.
Accentra_controls.jpg

Reactions: Washed-Up
This is the control box on my XXV as viewed from the left side and the panel open. I would think yours would be a similar control box mounted to the swing door panel.
I see I need to do some dusting in that area.

xxv control box.jpg

Yes, the Accentra 2 looks nearly identical to the XXV. Someone didn't put things back together. It looks like the control board is still attached to the front panel which then gets screwed onto the swing out door. The wire harness comes out the top.

Hmm looks like your door doesn't screw closed like mine does. I can't imagine you'd have to unscrew my cover evey time you want to adjust the stove. Also I can't seem to get my door to open all the way.

Hmm looks like your door doesn't screw closed like mine does. I can't imagine you'd have to unscrew my cover evey time you want to adjust the stove. Also I can't seem to get my door to open all the way.

The door has a piano style hinge. It should just swing open. It may be frozen or stiff. Perhaps a little WD-40 can loosen it up.

Yeah it looks like someone left a screw jammed inside so the door wouldn't swing open, what I was looking at was the back of the control panel. Thanks for all the help.,

Reactions: jackman