Harman Accentra 52i Stove Part And Assembly Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Worble7

Dec 29, 2018
Fremont, Ca
So I picked up this rusty stove about 5 years ago from some lady. Her vent cap was not installed properly and so water leaked in on the stove. I think I posted here when I started to get it working. The lady said the service tech thought it was a auger motor. but turned out not to be...you guys said its most likely a board. So here's my 2 big problem's right now and I hope someone can help. So the tech took the motor and bracket and screws I have no clue what motor it is or what bracket it is or how it mounts and no screws. Also I took out the auger to see what it looked like now when I went to put it back it seamed like it was rubbing on something. when its out it spins freely and seams fine. looks a little rusty in the tube and the back part of the auger. I forgot also on the combustion chamber does it need a gasket between the bracket and the frame/body? Thanks for you help. Jeff
......SEE PICS..... Date code of Aug 2006

20231110_151559.jpg 20231110_151606.jpg 20231110_155713.jpg 20231110_155717.jpg 20190113_163247.jpg

Last edited:
So I started cleaning up the outside 5 years ago here are some pics. By looking at the pics you would think she had this on her boat :)

20181231_182214.jpg 20181230_155300.jpg 20181231_182133.jpg 20190108_113222.jpg 20190127_110037.jpg 20190126_155652.jpg 20190127_121237.jpg 20190127_121248.jpg 20190127_172105.jpg

Accentra insert parts

That link above should help you and that’s an original accentra insert.. workhorse of a stove. I maintained my parent’s unit they bought in 2007, I have the 52i at home and it’s a bit different build wise.
That is the most helpful sheet ever......Any ideas on away to clean out the auger tube? and back of the auger? I was thinking

Adjustable Brake Cylinder Hone what do you think? Thanks again​

Also will this combustion fan work with mine? How hard is it to get the distribution blower out? Thanks

Also will this combustion fan work with mine? How hard is it to get the distribution blower out? Thanks
Distribution blower is kinda a PITA , but the best way is just swapping the center motor (3 nuts) and blower fan assembly, Fasco makes a drop in replacement for 1/3 of a Harman factory part which I suspect is the same , I can look that part number up for you if you need one. The combustion blower assembly from what I can see in the pictures looks correct, you will definitely know if the motor is tired it will be noisy.

As for the hone I’ve used flex hones to just clean that up , they are more forgiving as the bore has a spot where the pellets drop.

Yes if you could get me a part number that would be great. So what kind of hone tool are you talking about see pics of the 2 I found below. Also any idea what when I tight down the auger why its rubbing on something? count it be because its way dirty? how tight should it really be? Thanks again for all your help. Jeff

Yes if you could get me a part number that would be great. So what kind of hone tool are you talking about see pics of the 2 I found below. Also any idea what when I tight down the auger why its rubbing on something? count it be because its way dirty? how tight should it really be? Thanks again for all your help. Jeff
Sure it’s fasco b47120 , I do know there are others but this one I’ve used. How tight or loose is the bearing? , it shouldn’t rub as there is quite a bit of clearance.. the nuts on the collar should be tight but you don’t need to crank on it.
As for hones , something like this but proper diameter

IMG_5836.jpeg

Sure it’s fasco b47120 , I do know there are others but this one I’ve used. How tight or loose is the bearing? , it shouldn’t rub as there is quite a bit of clearance.. the nuts on the collar should be tight but you don’t need to crank on it.
As for hones , something like this but proper diameter

View attachment 318810
Thanks again........ if you happen to have anymore helpful PDF files for this stove shoot them on over please. JEff