Harman Accentra auger gear motor replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Oct 23, 2006
I need to replace my Harman Accentra auger gear motor #3-20-08752 with CCW rotation. Stove is year 2006 freestanding. Online prices range from $60.00 -- $150.00. All appear to American made products.

Has anyone recently replaced their gear motor? I'd be interested where they purchased it.

My motor is loud on each cycle, making grinding and thumping noises. Chain, sprocket and auger are OK.

Igniter is next!

Does your old one have the ratings on it. Hp? Amp? Try to match your new one to the original.

I replaced mine in January. $108 from my local Harman dealer. It was completely dead and easy peasy to replace.

Check out Gleason Avery web site. Somewhere around $60 if memory serves

I am still running the original motor,but have a spare,it is what Don,the repair guy here recommends.Also,the Harman upgrade(?) is to replace the bracket(on older accentras),that have the rubber mounts,to bolting the motor direct(or you can just use washers and not buy the $70 bracket.i have done so,and the auger is much noisier,resonates to the stove base/board.Very annoying.I think they did this because they had made so many poorly cut gears for the chain drive.I plan on changing mine back to the little bushings,to see if the occasional chain clunk is less annoying than the hum from being mounted direct.

Reactions: Harmanizer