harman accentra control board replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bobbyj

Jan 13, 2011
ny
does anyone have info or link to info about replacing the control board? mine got toasted after a power surge.

doesn't look difficult but i want to be sure.

also is this the correct part # for the freestanding accentra:

1-00-05886​

thank you

That part # appears correct. It replaces the part # listed in the manual as 3-20-04220. It's a pretty straight foward replacement. This YT video might help you:

original board fried due to power surge. replaced blown fuse and it blew again when powered.

ok, i replaced the board with this:

1-00-05886. it's on amazon. can't paste link for some reason. amazon page had dip switch chart​

i have questions about the dip switches.
how do i tell which revision the board is? i see nothing on the board.
on the old board the switches are all set to off. none are set like is shown on the chart on the amazon site
i plugged the stove in and it started running and ignited the pellets but wouldn't shut down when put in off position.
if the esp connector was installed reversed could that cause the no shut down problem?

Last edited:
If you bought it on Amazon , who was the seller ? I’m hoping you didn’t buy the Chinesium knock off. It’s probably a clone but who knows .

At this point most boards are probably under the D&UP as lost as you didn’t somehow find some NOS somewhere lol. I attached the chart on proper settings .

Also is the ESP reading is wrong I believe the stove will just continue to slow burn and not shutdown as you describe .. I don’t thing you can really hook them up backwards per say as they just are a resistance value

Attachments

• Harman Dipswitch Reference Chart.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 114
Last edited:
If you bought it on Amazon , who was the seller ? I’m hoping you didn’t buy the Chinesium knock off. It’s probably a clone but who knows .

At this point most boards are probably under the D&UP as lost as you didn’t somehow find some NOS somewhere lol. I attached the chart on proper settings .

Also is the ESP reading is wrong I believe the stove will just continue to slow burn and not shutdown as you describe .. I don’t thing you can really hook them up backwards per say as they just are a resistance value
thank you for the info. the esp connector has a shroud so it can only go on one way. the shroud on the new board fell off, so it is possible i put it on wrong. i got the stove to light up but would shut down even with the pot in off position

thank you for the info. the esp connector has a shroud so it can only go on one way. the shroud on the new board fell off, so it is possible i put it on wrong. i got the stove to light up but would shut down even with the pot in off position

Wouldn’t think it matters since there is no real “polarity” , the shroud is so it has a way to “lock” into place. If the dip switches are set wrong that will cause the stove to never turn off since it’s looking for one type of esp vs other but I would think you’d get a blink code. The behaviors I see with a bad esp is a no shutdown condition as you are seeing.. typically the stove needs to read somewhere around 90-100 degrees on the esp before it stops feeding and somewhere much lower before it goes off completely. Since this started on a board replacement it could be either has an issue.

On your old board it tells you the model number and then there is a letter that will tell you a,b,c,d,e etc. i had to replace mine as well. My old boad was an e

DUUUUDE! You're awesome for posting the pin position guide. That just made my life sooo much easier!