Harman Accentra door stuck closed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

trudd

Jun 10, 2008
Rhode Island
I have an older 2005 freestanding Accentra. Went to scrape the burn pot and the door latch is broken. Moving the handle up and down to lock/unlock the door does nothing. The piece inside connecting the latch to the handle has broken. I'm guessing it's a bolt that sheared off after 15 years of use. So anyone know another way to open the door so that I can fix the latch?

Can you see the end of the sheared of screw in the latch?
If so, you may have to drill it out & re-tap the thread so you
can get another get a new screw in there...

FYI for anyone else with one of these stoves
Got it open. Was able to stick a screwdriver under the handle and pop the latch up.

Thank you for the update. I'm gonna take a close look at mine the next time I open it.

Thanks for the follow up, it may he someone in the future, many times users have a problem but never come back with the solution, good info here.

Exactly what broke? the latch or a pin/bolt?

From the parts manual, dowel pin or dowel pin retainer is my bet. Just guessing! ;?