Harman Accentra F/S won’t go on

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Truck162

Feb 27, 2014
Longisland
Hi , I have a Harman Accentra F/S Pellet about 10 years old. This morning I put the stove on and nothing happened , no fan nothing just lights go on . Past couple years the knob to turn on would Hesitate when you go to low to high high to low Etc. What can it be ? Thank you

From what you describe it could be the potentiometer (the component behind the knob) has a dead spot. Try working the knob back and forth quickly to see if that can clear it. You may want to try the stove in another mode, e.g., room temp vs stove temp. I would also run a self test.

You can try removing the knobs and spraying some contacy cleaner into the pot/rheostats, it may help clean them out.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/CRC-QD-11-oz-Contact-Cleaner-02130-6/202262505
9AC8C2E6-F8CF-4904-8720-9551DC610C94.png

From what you describe it could be the potentiometer (the component behind the knob) has a dead spot. Try working the knob back and forth quickly to see if that can clear it. You may want to try the stove in another mode, e.g., room temp vs stove temp. I would also run a self test.
I did try stove temp and room temp still nothing starts up just lights come on , igniter feed/motor and combustion/blower not the distribution/blower doesn’t light up . I haven’t tried spraying inside the knobs yet .

Before you start troubleshooting to much, unplug the stove and leave it unplugged for a minute or two, then plug it back in and see if that resets the control board. I have had a 52i for four years and on two or three occasions, I have had to do this. I’m guessing a power fluctuation somehow messes with the board and removing all power allows it to reset. Worth a shot.

Reactions: Ssyko
I tried spraying the knobs , unplugged it no luck. . Guess time to call something , really 1st problem in 10 years . Anyone from Long Island N.Y have a person works on Harman ?

Need Help !! I replaced the Control Board and black Wire ESP , when I plug the power back on the fan runs while its on off. Nothing happens when I put it on stove or room temp just runs. When I first plug it back im getting 2 blinks a few times then it goes to 3 blinks and stays at 3 blinks. Please any help. In for a control board and ESP .

I tried putting the old control board in with the new esp and getting no fan/blower when on stove and room temp , just the blower in test .

Did you set the dipswitches properly? I just replaced the board in my Accentra Insert with the black wire ESP. Make sure switch #5 is off/down. Also, do you know which board revision you got? This info might help and I can reference the factory settings sheet that came with my board.

Did you set the dipswitches properly? I just replaced the board in my Accentra Insert with the black wire ESP. Make sure switch #5 is off/down. Also, do you know which board revision you got? This info might help and I can reference the factory settings sheet that came with my board.
Yes #5 is down.

Yes #5 is down.

Okay. Did your board come with a factory settings sheet with the proper settings for the different revisions of each board? It took me a while to realize there was a sticker on my board with the board number and revision (in my case it was 3-20-5886F) and I used the sheet to find the correct dipswitch settings for that board.

If you've already taken care of this, disregard my post. I just know it took me a little while to figure out the appropriate settings for my new board before I installed it.

My sheet say 1 up , 2 down , 3 up , 4 down 5,6 up , 7,8 down , did it with 5 down and blower just goes on on test and now only getting 2 blinks

That checks out with my sheet as well. Sorry, don't know what to tell you from here. Possibly a bad vacuum switch or leak in the hose?

My control board says 3-20-05886F but the sheet says 3-20-05886E does the letter make a difference ?

No, it shouldn't make a difference. Those settings are for boards D, E, and F. I had the same question when I installed mine.

Thank you for your help greatly appreciated. The door gasket and hooper lid gasket is original. Stove was installed 2008.

The reason I ask is when I first bought my house four years ago and was new to pellets stoves (the previous owners had installed it 5 years before), I was having similar issues with the stove not feeding pellets or lighting but the fans would blow (I think). I ended up calling a technician out of frustration and it turns out the problem was a small piece pellet had wedged in the hopper lid gasket enough so that it couldn't get a vacuum seal. It was just a matter of picking out the piece of pellet,

I felt like an idiot, but luckily he was understanding...

Gotta learn somehow I suppose.

Exactly, I’m OCD with my stove clean it every 2 weeks in burning season. But went on a 10 year run really no issues. I changed the Igniter last yr . Guess about to call someone and get robbed hopefully I get your guy lol .

Exactly, I’m OCD with my stove clean it every 2 weeks in burning season. But went on a 10 year run really no issues. I changed the Igniter last yr . Guess about to call someone and get robbed hopefully I get your guy lol .

Good luck. Let us know what you find out.