Harman Accentra Fan specs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smirnov3

Feeling the Heat
Feb 7, 2006
Eastern Ma
I am thinking of replacing the Distribution fan on my Harman accentra insert with a quiter model.

does anybody know what the specs of the standard fan are?

obviously, it can push at least 135 CFM, but is that the maximum rated, or does Harman run it slower than rated?

What is the model number of the fan (Mine doesn't say anything on it)?

What is the dB level that it is rated for?

any help would be appreciated

Anton Smirnov said:
I am thinking of replacing the Distribution fan on my Harman accentra insert with a quiter model.

does anybody know what the specs of the standard fan are?

obviously, it can push at least 135 CFM, but is that the maximum rated, or does Harman run it slower than rated?

What is the model number of the fan (Mine doesn't say anything on it)?

What is the dB level that it is rated for?

any help would be appreciated

Any decent motor shop or (motor repair shop) would be able to get you an exact replacement. Probably a lot less than one from a Harman dealer would be.
Harman doesn`t make this fan themselves and in all probability it`s an off the shelf motor and impeller .
My 25 yr old Nashua wood stove used the same or a very similar one .
However finding a quieter one might be a lot harder to do.
It`s possible that by dampening the fan mount it would result in a quieter operation.
You might want to check how hot the stove gets at the fan mount and maybe place a reasonably even bead of high temp silicone on the fan , let it cure and then bolt it back onto the stove to act as a cushion. But keep in mind some of the noise is from the air velocity itself and that a certain volume of air being forced through a small pathway , opening , duct is going to make a certain amount of noise anyway no matter how quiet the fan motor and impeller might be.
John

Giovanni said:
But keep in mind some of the noise is from the air velocity itself and that a certain volume of air being forced through a small pathway , opening , duct is going to make a certain amount of noise anyway no matter how quiet the fan motor and impeller might be.
As an Accentra insert owner myself, my sense is that the bulk of the noise is from the air itself. But I do wish you luck and hope you keep us updated.

Dont ya wish they could use the same blower for all of them?Anton the advance is a grainger blower, yet it is not the same for accentra.Quick question though do you have the medium and low voltage winding wires like in the manual specs..

Anyway echoing Giovanni My former motor supplier was in Woburn....... First electric motor they could most definitley identify it for you......

www.firstelectricmotor.com

Status
Not open for further replies.