harman accentra insert dist blower underneath is fried ...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey I am wondering about replacing my distribution blower --- one site I found said I will have to redo soem wiring ...as they stopped making a threee speed blower .... my accentra insert is 2006 model .... any advice , tips would be great ..this is below the stove so I will need to tip it ? or does this drop rightout (too easy right?) oem price 290 was about as best I can gather .... cost of pellet life

any one replace one ?? tips ?? advice ??? warnings ? blessings?? :) thanks

my
3-21-47120-2.jpg

hey I am wondering about replacing my distribution blower --- one site I found said I will have to redo soem wiring ...as they stopped making a threee speed blower .... my accentra insert is 2006 model .... any advice , tips would be great ..this is below the stove so I will need to tip it ? or does this drop rightout (too easy right?) oem price 290 was about as best I can gather .... cost of pellet life

any one replace one ?? tips ?? advice ??? warnings ? blessings?? :) thanks

my
3-21-47120-2.jpg
I just replaced one the other day, you will have to tip the stove forward. The motor shown is the one, you will have to remove the motor from the mount by taking off the 3 nuts on each arm. You will not need that large black mount. There are 4 wires to the motor its self, you will two wire connectors for the black and white wires. The red and blue wires will need to have a butt connector each. Very simple job, it takes longer to pull the stove out, tip the stove, and push back in than it does to replace the fan.

thanks! makes it sound very doable .... so it is easier than doing pistions and rings :)

local harman dealer has one for 271.00 better than internet prices .... oh joy for the weekend
thanks

Are you saying that the red and blue wires are spliced together and only the black and white wires are actually connected to the stove wiring ? I have the same stove (2005) and it sounds like my distribution motor is starting to go as well.

Thanks

The red wire should have a butt connecter on it and the blue wire should also have a butt connecter on it (2 connecters). The white and black wires should have a spade connecter each to plug into the stove wire harness. Then tape all 4 wires together and snake them into the hole in the bottom of the stove. Should come out just to the side of the auger motor, control panel side.

blower went in easy - two wires on motor ... butt connector - easy feed - I tend to snake a firm wire thru and tape then pull back thru .. works with general electric feeding in tight spaces of home as well ......

Status
Not open for further replies.