Harman Accentra insert igniter question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jp0469

Jan 23, 2011
Rochester, MA
When I recently changed the igniter on my stove, I noticed that there is a large blob of high temp silicone or RTV where the wires pass through the back near the feeder assembly. I was careful enough that I was able to keep that blob mostly intact but it did loosen up a bit. I got the impression from reading a few other threads on the forum that Harman now uses some type of grommet rather than the silicone to seal off the pass through. Can anyone confirm if that is the case and maybe provide a photo or part number if known?

I’m not sure that grommet would work on your unit but if your concerned you could always add some more high temp silicone. I wouldn’t be that concerned about it though since that’s located in the air intake. The only danger that really poses is if it wasn’t sealed at all and you lost power with a fire in the unit it could potentially leak a little smoke there if you didn’t have much natural draft, but usually in that case it’s going to leak smoke at the door anyway.